About the Forum

Unfortunately, the position of carers was a contentious one in the postings of one of the banned members and I, amongst others, was targeted for my views in this respect. I take a difference of opinion on board, as a consequence of being on any forum.

I am a member of 2 other forums, neither connected with PD, and WOW, you should see the disagreements on there, and the insults that fly, on a daily

However, moderation only steps in to delete posts and ban members for extreme disregard of the terms & conditions.

This forum is a life line for many, and, I would not like to see the withdrawal of its support, to any individual. Likewise, posts should be respectful to others points of view.
Where do you draw the line when someone's constantly abusing other forum members? If the person abused and abused and still didn't seem to be able to control his/her behaviour even after being warned and suspended over a series of years what choice do the moderators have? The disicision to ban someone isn't a decision made lightly especially when the person is a productive/well liked member of the forum at other times. It's a great shame. I miss both members but i respect the moderators decision.

Life ban?
I do think life ban is extreme. Perhaps six month or even a year and then on return a six month probationary period. But the trouble is at the risk of the person returning other forum members maybe come reluctant to use the forum so where do you draw the line? Respect his earned not given.

The moderators have a very difficult job.

QT
post removed
I hear the sounds of egg shells smashing, no omelettes today!

Some yolk has splattered on my face, again.

RIP Cockerel #1
Such harsh words from a newbie! I am obviously missing someething here. First of all members were banned , and then it appears even their names have become taboo. Now we are told one of our members has died and can therefore be disregarded? And hands up menopausal women you seem to be getting blamed for something. Perhaps Dee would like you banned as well after all you are making him/her sick to his/her stomach!
Sejvej
Sejvej,

Dee is one of the 'lifers', and it's not hard to guess who.

Hope other one shows restraint or it'll be like times past.

Grey.
dee
You seem to know a lot about the past history of the forum for a newbie. Thanks to past events I now find it hard to trust anyone who is not well established which is a shame. I sense this is invective from a bitter past member of the forum. As for menopausal women, most of us are either too young or way past that age and what a sexist totally irrelevant comment to make anyway. And yes I did enjoy the quizzes set by 2 - anything is welcome that takes your mind off PD whether you are a PWP or a carer.

Bluebell
I strongly object to that sexist comment whoever you are,Dee.I seem to remember that number 2 made one of his earlier entries with a sexist comment. Seems some people do not like respectful discussion but like the excitment of upsetting people.I for one will not be answering any posts in future made by you unless you apologise to the forum and I suggest that others do the same.
Post removed
just out of interest what stops a banned member coming back as someone else???
On the original experimental forum it was a real problem with some people having multiple names.They would then take part in discussions using all their names.This gave a distorted view of how common a side effect was etc etc.I do not know how they know now if someboby rejoins under an alias but I am sure they do. I suppose if you change your computer, provider, router and name you might just fly under the rader but leopards rarely change their spots so it could come expensive.
you can post under another name,different provider etc,but things will be monitored.x
Hi ECD,
I know its wrong to use more than one username.I have experienced side effects from meds nothing compared to some people.I for one am grateful to people that were open enough to warn others about side effects.I dont agree like I said about using different names,but if you had same side effects as no 2 I would want to warn as many people as possible,guess using different names was his way he thought best to do it.
I dread to think where I would be now if people like no2 and others hadnt told the side effects they had from the meds,also the support I have been given from others.
Even when you change meds,probs don't just dissappear,bankrupt,cant get loans,trying to get friends and families trust back,thats if they still want anything to do with you. Plus guilt.

Hi Dejay,
I think this forum makes it harder to rejoin if banned than the last one.Moderators are on the look out.
Take care Dot xx
I want to add I agree with most of the posts on this thread,its wrong to be so rude to other forum members.Everyone is entitled to their say.like mentioned earlier in thread we can't all agree about everything.I have had my share of run ins,especially on the old forum,it use to really get to me.I now read,take in what I want and let go of the rest.
I also think even though carers don't have pd.their lives are deffo effected,I feel we are all part of the forum,should support each other.
I agree with banning people ,give them time to cool down,However I disagree with life ban.I do appreciate how hard it is for the moderators.Just wondering as alot of the problems were from pms couldn't people who abuse this be blocked from sending pms?

Take care Dot xx
Is this Lifer number 2 called "The Pokermid"?

Phil
Just my humble opinion,
But having read this and many other threads, I am assuming that number 1 is Sid.( or Dee).
That being the case, singning on when one is banned is hardly cricket is it?. No chance for Number 2, sorry Pokermid to have his innings.
Phil,
I agree with Dotty's idea - people could be banned from sending personal messages which is where I imagine most of the controversial material is showing up - but should still be allowed to post on the main forum, where everyone is closely monitored.
Maybe because I am not involved I am seeing the simplistic solution, and that would be to block unwanted mail from individuals, and never open unsolicited mail, or from a sender that is not known to you.....:grin::sunglasses::fearful::fearful:

Phil
Hi everybody I have just read with interest the recent entries
firstly all users/contributers this is an open forum and as such it is vunerable to abuse by the very few !! on the odd occasion who lack the nous to act their age and not their shoe size.

I think it is an important to share experiences and information as regards drug treatments and other therapies etc which may assist the ability to making living with Parkinson,s easier.. also bear in mind a number of people may not have a computer or access to one
so consider how fortunate we who do are
anyways try to keep threads pertinent to the subject
in discussion etc

Regards to all Ian (M)
Hi All
I dont understand the fuss , is it me? weve all got a common enemy , wheather we be a carer or sufferer, and since i was dxd have recieved great help and advice in understanding that im not infact alone with this dam illness and that there are a lot of people out there feeling as i do,and that my symptoms are normal, although i dont allways contribute lets have healthy debate and make the mediator redundant the forums been helpful to many a silent soul
A T B to all PARKYPETE