Alzheimer's and Parkinson's

Hi just read interesting new study on Alzheimer's and Parkinson's on msm medical.

Do you have a link to it?

EF

Hi I'm not too clever with this and my typing keeps repeating itself!! But the article was originally in the Mirror written by Jessica Haworth dated 25th April on a new procedure for Alzheimers and Parkinsons which was quite interesting. It had been picked up by MSM Medical Health and Fitness. Hope you can find it. regards Sugaplum

http://www.mirror.co.uk/science/alzheimers-parkinsons-disease-could-cured-7832549

I think this is what you are looking for....it sounds fascinating but the research so far is only on fruit flies so a treatment for patients is still many years away.

GG

Hi 

Thanks for the link yes it is a long way off but something is better than nothing 

Sugarplum

Thanks GG & Sugarplum,

I think you are right that this particular piece of research will take a long time to directly benefit people with parkinson's. It is really important that we continue with it as work like this leads to understanding the underlying processes of the condition. Without that it will be hard to find better treatments.

There are other research projects which are much closer to possibly offering benefits to PWP including the Transeuro study which has just started transplanting replacement cells into human brains. Later this year we are expecting the results from a 3 year study of growth factor infusions into brains. 

EF