Back pain

sounds like  it sharon glad you noticed the omeprezole before its to late. cr  tablets last for 12 hrs.if i was going to take another one,it would be about 10am as i take my night time one 10pm .hope the patch works tho,funny how older people dont like taking tablets good luck!

Hi everyone - up-date on my mums MRI scan which shows severe lumbar stenosis which is most probably causing the tingling in her feet.  She is waiting for a lumbar epidural and facet joint injections.  Her PD is really bad at the moment and they are now considering the Apomorphine, which involves a 1 to 2 week stay in hospital and called the Apo challenge to see if you can tolerate the meds! ! She is trying to hold off I'm not sure how she will cope in hospital having to go toilet every 5 minutes.  We asked if she could have a catheter to help the nurses more than anything but they said they didn't do that ? ? 

P.s. gus when we asked the neurologist about mum taking cr in the day he also said the same as your nurse, too unreliable to be effective in the day. 

sorry to hear your mums not well ! what is  apomorphine for.hope the back injections work  !

Thanks Gus - she's not been well for ages and nothing seems to be helping at all.  

Apomorphine isn't morphine as it sounds but delivers PD meds through either a pen injection which you can take to get you through an off period the small injections take about 5 mins to work and last for an hour so can get you through until your Pd meds kick in.  The Apomorphine infusion is for people who have a lot of off periods and if you need to inject more than 7 times a day.  The infusion is continuous giving you small shots of medication every few seconds and is used during the day but can be used throughout the night as well.  However you have to go into hospital for the infusion for an Apo Challenge to see if or how well you can tolerate it and to learn how to change it everyday but I think the District nurse can do it if you can't.  I think there are some posts on here somewhere about them so I will try and find them but I don't think many people have tried it yet. 

All the best to your mum shes lucky to have such a caring daughter!

Hi Gus

Ive just spoken to the pain management team and have got an appt for the 29th August for my mum but they say that they can't do both the lumbar caudal injection and facet joint injections at the same time.  She will have to choose which is the worst problem and which one she wants doing first.  She has both tingling in feet and severe back pain where her muscles become very stiff during an off period and they get very hot and stick out.  Both these problems are distressing and it's hard to decide which one is worse.

i would say the caudal injection would be the best as it might widen the canal and stop her tingling and may also help with the back pain.

do you have any suggestions or advice about whether these injections do give relief or not?

Sharon 

i have never had caudal injection before but yeh i have read a bit about them & think you are right,i would suggest tho on the day she has the injection total rest as when i ve had facet joint injections if you move around after had them they do not work so well ! all the best. 

hi can i sidetrack abit.

im waiting for diagnosis but its high likely pd. i have painful joints esp rt hip at mo, pd symptoms on left. i came off naproxen as read that its found to make pd worse in 1 research paper .trouble is without i can hardly move so went back on them 2 days ago and hip already feels better

anyone have any thoughts about naproxen and pd?

i was on naproxen & they did nothing for the pain & asked gp for diclofenics much better! also take omeprexole to protect my stomach hope this helps !

hi yes im on lamoprazole for stomach protection . previously gp wouldnt let me have diclofenic. but naproxen seems to suit me.just didnt want to take anything that aggravates pd.but it sounds as if ok

thanks