Bit worried

Hi Suzy

sounds as though your consultant has listened to you and is moving forward which is good news.

fingers crossed for answers soon

bw

samdog

Thank you Samdog, I hope I dont have to wait ages to see him next!

Having a miserable day, was supposed to be having a joint birthday thing in london with my boyfriend but my leg is buggered today. Im not sure if its linked to my other symptoms or not but I often get cramp, especially in my legs, but last night the cramp I got was worse than usual and it felt like the muscle tore and today I cant put my foot flat on the floor. My muscles pull easily anyway because they are so tight but this is really sore, I wanted to still try and go out but my bf would have been worrying about me and it would have affected his night so I didnt go, but Im so disappointed. And I got a follow up neurology appointment date through yesterday, its in 6 months!!! Thats just ridiculous! =(

So sorry to hear you're having a bad day.  Muscle cramps are so frustrating, because there is little we can do to fight them.  Lately I've been having a combination of sciatic pain and muscular response to the sciatica.  My chiropractor has helped a great deal.  But your situation sounds a lot worse; I'm still walking, at least, though there may be pain.  I wish you a quick recovery.  Perhaps staying at home will help, although missing a birthday celebration hurts, I'm sure.

Why does it take so long to see a doctor in the UK?  Is there a shortage of doctors? (Maybe there is no simple answer to those questions.)

J

Thank you, what kind of muscular response do you get to the sciatica J? Often the cramps I get dont leave any lasting problems but this one was awful, it happened once before where I felt like the muscle had torn and I couldnt put my foot flat for about a week I think, and because both my legs are weak anyway the good leg cant really deal with taking all the weight so I get tired extra quick. I agree it probably would have been silly going out today but Im used to having to push myself to do anything cos Im always in pain anyway so its hard to know at what point to stop. Im upsetting myself more because my health makes me more insecure so part of me feels hes probably glad I couldnt go today, I feel bad cos I cant drink cos of my painkillers so it must feel awkward for him when he drinks, I worry Id ruin his night anyway. I wish I was able to join in more. He has planned a surprise birthday thing just for me next week so I know I can look forward to that (as long as nothing plays up!) but Im so disappointed about today. Are cramps a parky thing too then? I have no idea why the wait is so long for the doctor, its madness! How can they think its fair to make you wait 6 months for results?! Im hoping cos I work in the hospital that Ill be able to somehow find out results sooner and Ill try an get a cancellation again, I really dont wanna wait that long!

Another post vanished!!!!

Yes it can take up to three week to see a doctor of your choice which those with long-term condition naturally prefer.