Chat room please!

[post removed]
Whats the argument all about ray of sunshine it looks like i've missed something
Were you on PDJ then ray of sunshine ?
The Kraken wakes.
Can we get back on track please everyone? Kathy's thread seems to have been hijacked.
Yes, i don't think anyone is after anyone
Our PD is bad enough and all the forums are good.
Nuff said.
Ok alij
Personally I don't understand why people have to slag off other forums or
how they are run; let alone the web masters that have set them up.
A lot of free time running them is spent daily and they the (web masters & moderators)do not ask to be paid to do so.

When you join a forum you agree to abide by the rules and regulations of that forum and community.
The rules are made to ensure a safe environment for all the other members as well as the person joining them.
For example:- You may not agree with a restaurant's rules about wearing a tie and choose to eat else where or wear a tie. You have a choice; abide by the rules or leave. It does not mean that the food in that restaurant is not particularly good;
nor that the management is bad or unkind.

Any social network forum has rules, if you don't like the rules or disagree with them why on earth would you want to keep on trying to join one that has declined your membership?
One can only assume that someone that did this repeatedly, is seeking attention.
Would you stand outside the restaurant that would not let you in without a tie brandishing a placard slagging the people that ran the place and it's clientele?
This would be ridiculous, and a behavior that would certainly not permit you to enter the premises.

There are a lot of forums that cater for people with PD and the related problems of living life with PD.
PD UK is one of them and I'm sure you are all aware of the others.
There is face book, skype, MSN ,Yahoo and email. In fact there is an embarrassment of choice if one wishes to communicate with others and lets be honest; most of the members on this very forum use one if not more of these methods.

As a member of PD UK, I do not belive that this forum should be used to vindicate
personal grudges against other forums or other members.
If another forum has declined your membership they must have had a good reason and this is not the place to discuss it.
I've found that PD forums are more to PD sufferers than places to just talk about PD they are places to make friends by god we all need friends even more so when you've got what we have got.
All ok now. :grin:
Looks like i'll probably bump into you again Ray. :rolling_eyes:All the Best
Cheers John!
:wink:
ncn,

I totally agree with you.
Can we get back on track please everyone? Kathy's thread seems to have been hijacked.
If anyone else has tried other PD-oriented forums which DO have chat rooms, we'd love to hear your opinions of them here.

I'm sure THIS forum won't mind us having such a conversation, since it doesn't involve commenting on any of their own facilities.

Ray.
A number of posts have been removed from this thread. The thread began as a discussion about having a chat feature on the forum however, it has degenerated into something different.

We would like to remind users that attacks on others for any reason is not acceptable and will be removed.

We have made every effort to leave those posts which would be useful to users who would like to explore other forums which may have features that this forum does not—including chat.

If you have concerns about posts that were removed, please feel free to contact us.

Ezinda
I have been using the PUK forum on and off for the last 4 years. I don't use any other PD forums, therefore cannot comment on how they compare.

The "can we have a chat room" debate seems to have popped up on this site several times during the last few years. Personally I'm not bothered if we have a private chat room or not. However i was surprised by the "closing of the door" on the request for a chat room by PUK. The reason being given is cost, in other words it costs too much? This i find somewhat surprising, not that i am an IT expert,far from it! My surprise is more that the overall running costs at PUK have risen by almost a third during the last 3 years peaking at £22M in the year ending 2009. I would of thought somewhere in that £22M they could have accommodated a chat room facility for the many pwp on this forum, who keep asking for it!
I agree we should have a chat room it would be helpfull for all