Clenching

Hi there, I was diagnosed in June and meds are helping the tremors but I am also clenching my hand and toes on the same side. It’s quite painful and meds don’t seem to help. My consultant says I’m his only patient that does this so wondered if anyone else experienced the same and any advice if they do? Ok

Hi AH, and welcome to our forum community.
You’re sure to hear from our other members soon, but we wanted you to know you can find older forum discussions archived on our website, as well. We found this thread which may be of some use. Also, please feel welcome to call our free and confidential helpline team on 0808 800 0303, as they may have some suggestions as well.
With our warmest welcome and best wishes,
Jason
Forum Moderator

When i’m walking holding my wife’s hand she often has to tell me to let go as i’m hurting her, as my grip gets tighter and tighter and i find i’m clenching my toes when standing and walking but i put that down to my boby compensating for my bad balence.

I’m 11 years post dx and I remember that clenching, mainly hands and toes, was a symptom I had about a year prior to dx. Sinemet improved this greatly but I can’t remember if the low dose worked or if it was after my dose was increased that I noticed improvement. Maybe a slightly higher dose would work? Now, clenching is a wearing off symptom for me but not nearly as bad as it was before medication.

Hi I do exactly the same with my wife - we called it jokingly “the claw”. But it constantly clenches no matter what I’m doing now and wondering if it is PD or something else