Cold weather

THIS WILL BE MY FIRST AUTUMN WITH PARKINSONS AND I HAVE NOTICED SYMPTOMS FEELING I DONT KNOW DIFFERENT NOW THE WEATHER IS GETTING FRESHER ESPECIALLY FIRST THING,IS IT JUST ME?
Where do you live Buzz? Here in London haven't really had any cold yet.

I did more or less hibernate last year Dec-Feb quick little forays to food shops on the high road and making excuses not to go anywhere else. It takes more effort to walk safely in snow and ice and when I get tired I go so slowly, didn't think it was a good idea to be out.
The phrase "Brace yourself for the cold" springs to mind, and naturally the body will brace itself, conserving energy and protecting the vital organs against the cold.

Dress up warmly and relax (although I have not got my thermal wear out yet as it is still relatively warm)

For going outdoors, a wind proof coat and hat helps to maintain body heat and comfort, without sapping up the reserves :laughing:.
I use to tell my husband that he had a very good temp thermostat he was never ever too hot or too cold .........

Different story since the Parkinsons reared it's ugly head he really feels the fluctuations of heat and cold . Once he gets cold which almost happens without him realising he takes a long time to recover . He shivers and shakes .
hiya ,ive had pd for 11 years now,and every year i notice diffence in me with weather conditons.bones seem to ache more ,feel much colder and need to wrap up alot more,joints play up more.i used to be a marathon runner,so wore shorts and vest,all types of weather and felt fine,now wow the thought of shorts makes me cold :laughing:
I am the same as Ali, used to play all sports in all kinds of weather all year round, plus i was also a Biker not just in the summer but in winter and loved it !!........but now the cold hits me hard, gotta wrap up big time both indoors and out, and yes it does make my PD symptoms alot worse, slower, stiffer & shakier. But such is life lol guess im lucky, living in the sun drenched country of wales where the temperature and weather must be the best in the world for its fluctuation hehehe *winks* soooooo wrap up warm and get plenty of cwtchs and cuddles
keep safe & warm !!