Considering alternatives before taking the prescribed medication

Hi Teehee, Good to hear you're trying to look after yourself. The news at the moment is definitely not heartwarming!! I've just found some hand exercises on YouTube which I'm finding helpful for my weak right hand. 7 hand exercises. Each done 20 times every day. You should notice improvements in 2 weeks. I'm only on day 3. https://youtu.be/Ez2GeaMa4c8

Hi TeeHee and DivineR,

Thanks both......I'm beginning to realise you have to look after yourself first! Been doing the hand exercises you recommended, as I find getting change out of my purse is a real chore. I tend to pay for most things by card, to make life easier. Also went to a Pilates class this morning, but ended up in cramp mode half way through. Still, I managed most of it and really felt the benefit of working those core muscles. Keep the advice coming.......it helps a lot .

Twinks.

That's brilliant. As Teehee knows I'm a yoga fan and also sometimes pilates. Stretching is so good but also joining a class is just as beneficial. Interacting with others tho Tiring is good. I'm hoping the hand exercises help me too with writing and general fine motor skills.

My neuro physio says do any excercise that stretches you outwards as pd wants to curl everything inwards .  good advice, yes mixing with the non parky lot good too.  Keep trying the think big thing with writing imagine writing on a sign post really works.  my meds got dropped down again to 4mg from 6mg ropinerole keep trying to increase but do notice increase in computer use and in last few weeks 3 pairs of shoes, mattress and divan, summerhouse and wait for it wall lights yes WALL LIGHTS do not have power points on the wall ?....?   anyway back to 4mg so need to find something to boost the cells as larrydopa can wait a bit longer. positive be positive work them cells, well give it a go anyway.  look up monosodium glutamate msg in chinese fast food interesting reading "excites" the cells google away as have to go as chinese takeaway just landed x

What do we think about the news this morning, concerning Trazodone and it's effects on the brain?

If you haven't seen it.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-39641123

GG

hopefully this will come available quite fast as this was in the Parkinson magazines about a year & half ago this will be great 

I'm seeing my new PD nurse on May 10th., so will ask her about this drug and latest research trials.

sounds to me it is more for Alzheimers

Interesting! At least there's work being done and things are moving forward in research. Just wish it wouldn't take so long!

Has anyone tried 'Tapping' to alleviate symptoms? Be interested to hear from anyone who's tried it.

Hi Twinks. I saw some thing on YouTube about it. It's part of Tai chi. My neurologist recommended it. I haven't been able to find a local class. So I gave up on it.

http://www.thetappingsolution.com/

One year down the line I would be interested to know what you now take??
I am an anti Madopar person bc I have witnessed the effects of my father taking it. The more he takes, the more his body needs & the worse his stiffness & pain becomes
??

Hi,

I am now taking sinemet plus 25/100 x3 but if feeling ok take 25/100 twice a day. Plus Rasagline 1mg do not use ropinerole any longer.

I am approx 10 yrs since diagnosis take vit B , vit D3, Q10, Vit K2 accept I have right side tremor and am a bit slower than pre diagnosis.

Am fortunate donot have ‘off’ periods get tired yes but not the same? Battling on , found out recently am still able to swim,! Trying to increase exercise to retain mobility but believe resting the body is important too.

Hope this answers your question.

Hi Twinks, the best thing you did was to leave your OH. I to lived with an alcoholic. Without that stress my symptoms improved. I have gone onto the internet and have changed my diet have read as much as I can and have increased and added vitamins and nutrients. A must read is John C Coleman’s book Stop Parkin And Start Livin.