Constipation

Laxatives, we were told, are a very harsh solution to this problem and should not be taken long term. Movicol is great and a gentle alternative to some of the methods mentioned.It is also a non prescription medication.

I’ve up’t my fluids (water) which seems to help along with fruit & 6 dried prunes - best of luck.
Aldi do a huge pack at a great price.

2 Likes

My PD nurse recommended I try ‘milled linseed’ (Aldi £1.60 per bag). It isn’t the most pleasant of textures, but it did exactly what my PD nurse said it would, without the use of more pills. Gentle on the system. It’s cheap and tolerable mixed with Porridge. One heaped table spoon per day. Worth a try…I shall continue using it.

My PD nurse is excellent and extremely dedicated. If it doesn’t work for others I’m sorry, but at least it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.

Hi I was advised after a bowl operation not to get constipated but now due to the PD medication it’s happening two much. I have a easy way of controlling this I eat chocolate covered raisins (yum yum). It works 2 bags a week keeps me free and it’s not too unpleasant at all.

Hopefully you like chocolate?

Happy meditation

Davesan

1 Like