Dbs surgery

dbs team said the upper limit is 4.5, boston scientific, rechargeable

Hi Varna, thanks for replying. That’s interesting, my hubby’s consultant is reluctant to increase his limit, but that is probably because when we go to see her his walking miraculously improves !! And she then thinks he’s doing fine but she’s only seen him walk for 2min.

That was same as me as soon as i left the hospital start to get bad again and it’s 3hr train, so they kept me in for a couple days really helpful

Hi Gus We are lucky to be a 10 minute drive from hospital. My daughters laugh that when he visits the hospital he has the opposite of white coat syndrome, he gets better when he sees them ! LOL

I have same problem, fine at hospital, as soon as on train home, tremor back!

Hi LittleMixWorry, i wonder how many other PWP are the same, perhaps its something they should look into, does the anxiety lesson because you are in a safe hospital environment ?? Could that mean anti depressants that help anxiety would help PWP regardless of if they are depressed or not ???

I have been on antidepressants for years, doesn’t really help to be honest. Also take Propranarol and Lorazapam foe anxiety, but still getting OFF periods when resting tremor and anxiety rear their ugly heads. I am starting to believe the professionals either think I am a liar or just am a “weird one” where DBS doesn’t kick in 100%, just wish they would sort it!

Hiya. Unless the consultant has Parkinson’s themselves i dont think they can ever really understand how a PWP feels, all the text reading they do helps them understand what happens in Parkinsons but they cannot experience the feelings or emotions or difficulties a PWP has to deal with. A 15/20 minute consultation every few months does not show them what your day to day life is really like.

1 Like

So true!