Diagnosed at 26

Hiya Suzy,

I'm so sorry for not replying sooner, ive had a lot on my plate lately. 

You're right in the fact that Dr's really don't take you seriously at a young age, i was constantly up and down the dr's for 10 years before my diagnosis, and the build up to finally being told was a nightmare, they fobbed me off with physiotherapy etc but I knew it was something much worse, just never expected them to say PD.

My symptoms started off with me dragging my left foot when I walked, the slowness, the tremors, the poor balance, loss of smell etc all gradually came on later. 

At 26, i spent 2 weeks in Frenchay hospital having tests, scans, a lumbar puncture ~ which was absolutely awful....but my diagnosis followed after they gave me a DatScan..

Of course i dont mind you asking hun.

If you have had these symptoms for 10 years too, and still not had a diagnosis, maybe you should ask for a DatScan...are you on any meds, do you have a consultant?

Feel free to private message me or if you're on facebook, you're welcome to add me, Tracey Penfold, i dont come on here very often, as you can tell lol I'd love to chat more with you, seems we've both been through the same thing for the same time, i felt like my early adult years were taken away from me, if that makes sense.  infact i';m going to message you hun with my number xxx

Thank you, Ive messaged you on FB =)

I hav e been reading this batch of posts, and feel overwhelming sadness,  its just the thought of all of  you sharing the suffering, taking the hits each day yet ploughing onward through the horror of BLACKHEARTS making, the reason I feel sad is I share your struggle, yesterday was wasted from midday  until 1140pm dyskie the whole night was wasted by evil dreams an visions, today I am ok, and have done well , the only hiccup being my daughter rang thanking me for buying her a car yesterday, and I could not remember doing it i did  have it in mind to do, but I did yet cant remember, and still cant, so Mackie regarding your drugs it took about 2 years to find the right drugs and doseage for me,, now I have Duodopa which still works reasonablywell 2 years after fitting, but I am becoming tolerant, and fear its removal, if it fails to power me up in the morning,  dont be too desparing they will get it right.

Best wishes to all          FED

Thanks for the protein info...didn't know that. Currently on the DietChef plan, so protein reduced just as part of that...now that I think about it I have felt a little more "evened out" the last week or so...

hi blondie , my tablets stopped working ! now on entacapone their tablets you  take along side pd meds & they increase your on time ! madapor did nothing for me just gave me bad rash on my arms ! worth talking to pd nurse or your nero ! hope this helps