Do Parkinson NHS patients have their own Nof W style injustice

The above usa web site has thousands of PD patients(mostly usa citizens) registered free on the site.You have access to awesome facts
Curiosity had me look up a table of the most commonly prescribed drugs for PD sufferers in the usa. You will see that two drugs dominate the table. I can virtually guarantee that one of them is not available in most of UK even though approved by NICE. Its commonly on a red letter banned list
The similarity with the NOW situation is this; There is too comfy a relationship between hospital professionals and the drug companies
There is a too respectful relationship between our main charities and the drug companies
What ensues is a situation whereby you and i are denied access to the most advanced drugs widely used in the USA which for me is a benchmark of excellence, and it never gets reported
What i would like to see is our monthly news magazine featuring this type of analysis without fear or favour;otherwise we need to produce our own tables
Hi worldtravellor, what are these Parkinson's drugs and where can the list be found? I have searched the web but unfortunately have been unable to find a list.

Thanks.
grateful for your interest; To pull information you need to register, presumably ,as a PD patient. Once you have entered details of eg drugs you currently take, you can extract drugs taken by those already registered. This applies to searches for age similarities, dominant features presenting, deterioration, etc etc
cheers.
Worldtravellor, why can't you just name these two drugs and especially the drug to which most of us in the UK are denied access (according to you)?
I have followed this post with great interest but have also been unable to find any info about this drug.
World traveller did not respond to appeals to name the drug.
Did anyone find out what it is so that we can research it ?

Posted by worldtraveller
Posted - 10 Jul 2011 15:26
Report this post
The above usa web site has thousands of PD patients(mostly usa citizens) registered free on the site.You have access to awesome facts
Curiosity had me look up a table of the most commonly prescribed drugs for PD sufferers in the usa. You will see that two drugs dominate the table. I can virtually guarantee that one of them is not available in most of UK even though approved by NICE. Its commonly on a red letter banned list
The similarity with the NOW situation is this; There is too comfy a relationship between hospital professionals and the drug companies
There is a too respectful relationship between our main charities and the drug companies
What ensues is a situation whereby you and i are denied access to the most advanced drugs widely used in the USA which for me is a benchmark of excellence, and it never gets reported
What i would like to see is our monthly news magazine featuring this type of analysis without fear or favour;otherwise we need to produce our own tables
No sign of World Travellor (odd spelling) for a week.

Worth ignoring, I'd say...
World Travellor now missing for over two months.

Looks like he or she has been shot.