Do we want our posts shared on social media?

Benji , I feel the same as expressed in previous posts. My personal view is that on joining how many people read the rules and fully understand them?  I would like to see PDUK email new members with a clear message that search engines "google" will display posts from members and their photographs/image.  

I have raised this issue before but I cannot see that it has been addressed.  I am concerned that members do not realise that using the same username on several sites are at risk.  I experimented using google, input a username of a member who has no photograph on and may feel "safe" using the site.  I managed from the username only to discover personal details by "google" links to other sites such as "twitter", sites that store photographs, facebook links the list goes on.  

I would like PDUK to acknowledge that some members on this site may not know this and suggest that a warning message appears on the registration page concerning selection of usernames.  Perhaps advice to select one that is not linked to another account as it is like using a jig saw, few scraps of information leads to the full picture. This may prevent members being put at risk of scams. 

PDUK appears fixed on their stance on this subject, but please consider clear warnings re google (other search engines are available) not only on the selection of usernames, also photographs are stored on these sites. If you share problems about erectile dysfunction for example on this site and have your photo on anyone searching this subject gets posts and if you click on images you get the members photograph displayed who posted and sometimes the images of other members who have responded to that post.

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your input on the matter but I'm not sure we can really help further as moderators. We've logged this with the feedback team here. I'll reiterate what we've said throughout the thread to sum up though.

We are confident that the majority of people using this forum are not fishing for private details and not seeking to compromise your privacy and security. We manually approve accounts and monitor forum use daily. If we ever feel there is a security risk we deal with it appropriately and have procedures in place to protect private data. Your discussions on this public forum are not treated as private data, please be aware of that when you're posting. 

You do have the choice to communicate privately through private messages and you can chat privately in the social club if you wish to. Please remember, it is your responsibility to make sure you stay safe online and that you read our forum rules and terms. 

Our website terms state that:

"Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and may be used by us on our website and in other publications."

If you don't wish to have certain information fall under the above then please do not post it and if you're still concerned, you can cease use of the website. I hope that those of you who have raised the issue are now aware of the terms and conditions that govern the use of the website and that you can make an informed decision about how you use it moving forward.

I'm really sorry to hear that you feel like you've not been made aware of this previously, we do ask you to read and agree to the rules when you join.

I am going to close this thread as I am concerned that users privacy is being compromised by members searching for identifiable information linked to this discussion. This is not what the forum is for and we want our forum members to continue using the forum constructively. 

I can confirm, there has been no breach of copywright or data privacy laws where forum use and access is concerned. If you'd like to talk to us more about this then email us at [email protected].

Thanks everyone, 

Kat