Dopamine agonists,OCDs andyellow card scheme

ICDs and DAs
2011 Research publishes Risk =13.6%
2018 Requip Leaflet = " up to 1 in 100"

Lies.
GG

2011…
Now 1 in 4…

7 years later…Leaflet still says up to 1 in 100.
Still think the drug companies care?
GG

I quite agree GG. It’s clear that the drug companies have been seriously in denial, or certainly dragging their feet on this when everyone knew about it. I do think legal action against them would succeed if enough folk got together, because of the reputable sources of earlier information.

And no, I don’t think the drug companies care, they’re only worried about share prices.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if these drugs were withdrawn if a legal action were started, or succeeded. (Which seems likely).

Hi Island Mike,
Many of us tried for years to get a legal firm to take this on but none would.
Leigh Day nearly did but then refused.
GlaxoSmithKline argued that if you took Requip after 2010 you agreed to take the risk…they put the first warning in the leaflet in 2o10, stating the side effect was very rare…less than 1 in 10,000 despite the research being clear that it was 1 in 4.
Later research showed it was 1 in 3 of men under 50 on a therapeutic dose.
PDUK wouldn’t support legal action despite success in other countries .
The law says legal action has to be taken within 3 years of a patient finding out the drug has damaged them.
No legal action would succeed now because the warning although accurate is in the leaflet.
Our lives were already in ruins by twenty ten…our money gone, our marriage devastated.
The only thing left is to try and educate medical staff and new patients of the potential disaster.
We took part in a presentation for a neuropsychologist at a conference and he said the audience, although treating many Parkinson’s patients knew nothing about it!
Take care
GG