Driving/DVLA

I told both the DVLA and my insurance company about my dx for PD in March 2012.

Since then I have had several letters from the DVLA saying they are still looking into it and it may take some time, I am not really worried as I talked it over with my GP and he said that there was no reason to withdraw my licence.

As the renewal for my car insurance had already come in, I expected a large loading on it, you could have knocked me down with a feather when they told me it was £19 LESS. This seems to suggest that PwP are more careful drivers and submit less claims!

My advice is to inform both as to plead ignorance of the fact is not an accepted defence.

Hope this helps

Topsy
Just in case anyone is still following this............I saw the Parkinsons nurse for the first time on Wednesday. I told her I was worried about what would be said by the neuro to the DVLA - and it turns out that she has already received the forms from them, filled them in and returned them!! Everyone has been saying that it takes months for them to sort things out....yet mine has been done in a few weeks!
The nurse said that there didn't seem anything to worry about on the forms - so here's hoping!
My Neuro said there was absolutely no reason why I should not continue to drive. I sent the form to the DVLA earlier this week and expect eventually I'll get a 3 year licence which seems the norm. I'm fairly confident he will repeat his opinion to the DVLA.

As with others experience, my insurers could not care less. They replied that they did not wish to know about any medical condition provided I had a valid licence issued by the DVLA.

Just another hoop to jump through.
In case anyone is still interested in this - have just heard from DVLA today. They say I need to have new photo driving license (I still have the ancient paper variety!) and it will be reviewed in 3 years. So good result, thankfully!
Great news.
Driving license arrived yesterday. Three years duration like last time. DVLA sent a letter about a month ago to inform me that they were writing to my Neuro, just the normal routine it seems. The whole process commenced in September, so don't worry about things seeming to take a long time, I guess it's the norm.....
Regards Tractorman.
IF YOU DONT TELL THE DVLA YOU ARE NOT INSURED. WHEN YOU WRITE OFF THE BRAND NEW MERCEDES AT AN INTERSECTION YOU WILL BE PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE. IF YOU INJURE SOMEONE YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE CRIMINALLY NEGLIGENT. YOU MIGHT LOSE ALL YOUR MONEY AND GO TO JAIL.

its your choice
got a little over excited there! apologies for shouting but the risk of not telling is enormous.