Effect of food digestion and protein

I do agree that dispersable Madopar is the answer to the digestive problemsfor some people.
My husband takes Sinemet every 2 hours and if he eats a "proper" meal, the next tablet doesn't work at all.
After a year of struggling, the Parkinson's nurse suggested taking a dis. Madopar of the same dose as well as the normal Sinemet before and after eating at the usual 2 hour intervals.
What a difference!
Out for a meal with friends tomorrow and no worries about getting him back to the car!
But yes, Blue-eyes, where's the nasal spray?
Hi Alij,

So sorry to hear of the added health problems, I am glad they were quick in getting back to you. I hope and pray that they will sort everything out quickly as it seems to be all are interlinked as if you don't have enough to cope with. It is also a reminder that people with pd can have other problems and shouldn't have everything put down to pd as some times happens. I would think they will get on with it now so I wish you all the luck in the world with a few prayers as well.
Please let us know how you are and while you are waiting enjoy the games which are really great.
love vivian
Hi Golden Girl,

I am glad the nurse out you onto madopar dispersil, I don't know why they don't make it more well known as it is so difficult struggling when there is no need to. At least now you will be able to relax now when going out. We were told to have a madopar dispersil about twenty minutes before eating and that would carry the level through the meal into the next dose, it is also like a rescue drug so that if you have been busy or doing too much and take a bad dip one will bring you back on in no time. These are all the tricks of the trade really which you only learn yoourself, so don't anyone struggle on too long before asking if the docs will allow you them, it doesn't suit everyone though so be aware.

best wishes
vivian
vivian ,thankyou for your post to me,i will let you no on different thread how i go,keep this thread for protien etc,think thats best x:smile:
:bulb:Thanks for your letter on inhaled drugs , it's nice to know that someone is reading our forum and taking the trouble to keep us up to speed , thanks again . jonta .