I've been diagnosed for 8 years and recently have found it more and more difficult to get comfortable in bed. I have tried various mattress manufacturer and topper combinations but they all seem to be lacking in some respect.
Can anyone suggest a bed / mattress combination which can resolve all of my problems listed below ?:
- Mattress / bed which is easy to get in and out of by myself (I am 6'3 and 15 stone)
- Mattress which is comfortable (I used to prefer firm mattresses but now find these far too hard)
- Mattress has to be smooth and without any 'buttons' or other similar object on the outside - my back complains when it lies on one!
- My back has become very sensitive lately and I can be very much like the 'princess and the p' - I become very aware of anything touching or poking into my back.
- Must allow air flow (I can get very hot)
- Allows reading in bed without complaints from my back!
I know I could keep taking pain killers but it would be nice to be able to enjoy the bed / mattress without.(I'm fed up with taking more tablets and pain killers only mask the pain and don't fix the problem!
PS Are 'electric' beds any good?
I hope you can come up with some solutions!