End of life with PD

Hi gh1

Not a nice thought and I can confirm that the end with pd makes sad reading. My dad died as a result of PD but I do feel that his end was expedited by the lack of care he received by hospital staff. His eyesight failed and I ( knowing that all was not right ) went to the hospital at off peak time to see my poor dad eating his dinner with his fingers as he could not find the knife and fork and all his meds on the locker in a container. So just make sure that you are around for your mam because she needs someone to look out for this kind of treatment. Lets hope we have someone like you around when it is our turn.

Tulip
tulip rearly sorry to hear about your dads care so annoying when i her stories like that
hi dadio,

glad to c you still on line how things ?

tulip
im ok tulip hows u today
gone quiet
Hi dadio,

I am very well indeed and I hope you are - I am busy with my 17 year old and 14 year old - We are travelling to a final of a Pole Vaulting compt saturday - its all go and I am so glad to be able

I am off out now to a friends house , taking my guitar and tuning up the vocal chords -

Take care

Tulip
is this site real slow or is my parkie kickin in good stile lol
Hi Dadio. Why not come and join us in Cafe 9 on the Social Club site. Ali has the kettle on and breakfast won't be long
My dad died 13 days ago with parkinsons. He was 88 and in a nursing home. He had been there 10 months. It was a lovely home and he died there. The nurses could not of given him better care. He slipped into a coma and passed away very peacefully 5 days later.
Sorry to hear your sad news mandypike but heartened to see you posted that your Dad died WITH Parkinsons and not because of it, as a previous post mentioned.

Newbies must be very worried and upset at such posts suggesting that you die from Parkinsons.You die with it NOT from it. Maybe some PD complications add to the later problems, but so do many other problems of later life.
Mandybike

I am really sorry -its cr*p isn't it. Really nice to know that his care was good - and I am sure he knew how much you cared about him.

Give yourself time to grieve - and look after yourself.

gh1
Thankyou Benji and gh1

Dad had a good long life.
Im not to sure what its like for women.

My uncle had PD. His final stages were in the care home where he couldnt move out of a chair. He couldnt talk, and it was even that bad he had "motor neurons" put on his death cert.

For women the symptoms/problems are lesser.My mum has had PD for about 7 or 8 years. When my uncle had it for that long he was at a stage where he was hallucinating, could barely talk, couldnt move out of a chair unless someone helped him. Whereas my mum can get out of a chair (sometimes falling over), talks ok, doesnt hallucinate, knows whats going on
Every PD sufferer is different. We all have different symptoms, time scales and medication. To just say men and women are different is far too simplistic.
Get an interview booked with her consultant asap and ask what the longterm plan and prognosis is. A glucose drip will not be giving her adequate nutrition; what is she having via the nasogastric tube? You may find the medics suggest an indwelling gastric tube for feeding ( put in from the outside via a small incision) as a longterm solution. You should list all the points you want clarified including the useful ones raised by others in this forum. Get clear answers and say if you don't understand. As an exnurse (44 years) I know that many people don't like to ask for clarification.
Good luck and let us know how things go.