Faecal impaction/severe constipation

a word of caution … if you give him a high fibre diet it must be matched with adequate water intake or you risk it having the opposite effect and it will bung him up. you really need to get his water right for anything to be effective. you need his digestive system working properly in order for his drugs to work properly… so if you get his water right you will notice a difference i am sure.

1 Like

MY surmise after two tears of miserable constipation, with tremors, that the blockages are NOT caused by dehydration, lack of fibre or even slow movement of poo through the colon, but my the failure of the brain to signal the nervous system to defecate, I have not been able to correlate diet and exercise with successful management at all, minimal success with laxatives, more joy with natural sleep and avoiding anxiety (mostly caused by people in authority, landlords etc.)

Interesting, thank you! And lots of luck with the sleep and anxiety-avoidance…

I was given Laxido as I suffer with constipation. I took one sachet at night for 3 days without any change.
But then on day 4 the explosive liquid diarrhoea started and two weeks later I still have diarrhoea despite not having taken anymore Laxido. I have had a couple of accidents whilst out asI can’t always control it soI don’t go out at the moment.