First Day on Azilect

1mg of rasagiline (Azilect) a day was all I took for the first 3 years.

I had no side affects but eventually as I got more shaky and stiffer over the next 7 years then

I was put on Requip ,sinemet and half sinmet 125mg x 3. It has worked up to now but My legs are getting 

worse. I don't see anybody from the hospital.I did have a consultant but after he cancelled my last two

appointments, I couldn't be bothered.

Been eating onions again. I virtually repeated what I said 18 months ago

bigbee - you must have one of the slowest developing cases of pd ever!  

I take Madopar 4x a day plus requip xl at night and found that the meds were wearing off too quickly so i was given 1mg of Azilect to be taken in the morning with my first dose of Madopar. I have been feeling so poorly since using the Azilect with dizziness, extreme tiredness .off balance, woozy head, anxiety ,  vivid dreams, chills and spacey head, i contacted my nurse who said that the drug is usually well tolerated and i must get back to her in a week. Even though my meds were wearing off too fast before i never felt as ill as i do now since the Azilect were added. Any advice please would be appreciated thank you

love Dolly x

Hi Dollymaz  Sorry I can't  help in any way but hope you soon get sorted, there is nothing worse than dizziness and being off balance it makes you feel awful. I've been advised to take co-careldopa in the next few weeks so hope it goes well with my ropinirole. It's not ideal when you are prescribed parkinson drugs that make you feel worse than having parkinson. Only wish I could help in some way.

Take care Love Sheffy xx

Aw bless you Sheffy...i appreciate your concern and hope that all goes well when you start your new meds. From what i have read and what the nurse told me it seems that the Azilect can cause the blood pressure to  drop, as can the PD itself which in turn can create the dizziness and lightheadedness. It is a horrible feeling isn't it? i can cope with most things but this has got to me a bit. Rightly or not i have decided to stop the Azilect , i have to ring the nurse next Monday anyway and she did say that she could try me on something else if necessary. I just wish they could give me an increase in the Madopar because in the past i have found that it gives me more energy and a sense of well being, but apparently  it is not wise to take too much Levadopa.  Like you i have been crying at the drop of a hat....and if im not doing that i am falling asleep!!! Happy New Year ay????? Did you have a word with your Consultant about the tears? if so did they feel it was down to lack of Levadopa? and have you become a new Nanny yet? I bet you are getting excited. It does you good to have something to look forward to and a new baby....what could possibly be better.

Keeeeeeeeeeeep smiling Sheffy and thanks again

luv Dolly xx

Hi Dollymaz,

We're sorry to hear that your medication is making you feel woozy and out of sorts at the moment.

We do suggest that you talk to your PD nurse or doctor before coming off the Azilect you have been taking, as it is in your best interests to discuss this with a medical professional before making such a decision.

Best wishes,

Min

Moderation Team.

Thank you, i realise you are right and will ring her in the morning

Dolly x

Let us know how you get on!

Min

Moderation Team.

Hi Dollymaz     Seems like most of the PD meds lower your blood pressure, I've been reading up on the co-caraldopa and that does the same thing plus, a few other side effects, I'm going to have a chat with my PD nurse see if she can prescribe something else. As for the tears, still flowing!! Neurologist referred me to a therapist,  can't seem to get to the bottom of what the cause is. I think it could be the Ropinirole, hope it soon gets sorted, thanks for asking x  Becoming a Nannie again soon, in four weeks, no doubt i'll bawl my eyes out when she's born but it will be tears of happiness!! 

Hope you and you OH have a good new year with the best of health, wealth and happiness, and hope ypu soon get sorted also.

Take care love Sheffyx