Fuzzy head

Woah! I may have found something that's not PD related.

I've long suffered from these sorts of visual disturbances - coloured lights crawling outside my central vision, preceded by a general sense that I couldn't see properly, and succeeded by fatigue. I used to call them migraines, but they rarely involved headaches. I think they've improved since I've been on PD meds.

But for once, I think it's coincidence. A structured literature search (oh alright, a quick Google on visual disturbances Parkinson's) revealed a unanimity of professorial ignorance on this pathology - plenty of other visual effects, but no crawling flashing coloured kaleidoscopes.

Some other candidate will have to claim the prize as symptom no 147.

S

i'm fairly sure extreme jumpiness is associated with DAs, it sseems to lessen with levadopa but everyone is dfferent .  i particularly like the chainsaw noise that goes through your head from one side to another whe fallling asleep. Also getting a lot of mini halucinations.  

I can relate to the bright lights as being migraines, with and without the headache - I had them for years but no coulred lights for the last 10 yearsbig grin.

In fact since I was diagnosed some 2 years ago, and put on Sinet, I have found my migraine headaches have disappeared which I think is great - though some of the other side affects sometimes make it a marginal win.

Jolliffe, thanks for the link info and you are right whatever sort of fuzziness or bubble headed ness you call it it looks like another PD anomily. Potion time again .

My Dad has PD as well.  He also gets the fuzzy head.  He stares and his eyes get very heavy.  It's difficult for him to walk and he can concentrate to think or sometimes even speak.  He has to sit or lay down and go to sleep.  After he sleeps he feels much better. 

The neurologist asked us to film him when he was having an episode to try and rule out epilepsy ... which he did.  He is now at a loss to understand why he has these "turns". 

We have tried increasing his dose of Sinemet at the dose prior to when he usually has the turns around 7pm - 8pm. This was about a week ago and so far so good but we are keeping a diary to monitor the results.  Fingers crossed and I'll report back.

Hi all,

I used to have a weird and fuzzy head and neck and shoulder pain.

I was given Amitriptyline for the neck pain and the fuzziness went !!!

Caroline

xxx

Hi. I get the fuzzy head and kind of 'pins and needles' in the back of the head and shoulders. I find massaging the scalp works a treat though not easy to do on oneself lol

Hi

About a year or so ago I  started to get a white light that scrolls down the left side of my vision occasionally. There is no headache just the lights.

I asked my neuro about it who tells me it is not related but I am not convinced.

I have never had it before PD and it seemed to arrive alongside the Requip. When I took 8 mg of requip I got sparkly vision (like a kaleidoscope) hallucinations and sleep paralysis.

As soon as the requip was reduced to 6 mg that disappeared completely to be replaced with the scrolling light, coincidence? Very doubtful.

Caroline

xxx

Hi All.....I also have had the sparkly kaleidascope in my left eye twice. i have Thyroid eye disease with a heavy lid which was misdiagnosed for 11 months off terrible pain, i regularly visit the eye hospital and it does not seem to be anything to do with the eye disease. After reading your posts i guess its yet another side effect of the PD or meds. Its pretty scary. When it happened i was taking Requip XL 14mgs, now i take Co-Beneldopa 12.5/50 three times a day plus 10mgs of RequipXL in the evening. 

Hi Caroline... i understand what you mean about the neck and shoulder pain, it feels sharp and like it is going to lock also tight. I have been for Physio and providing i do the exercises it helps also back in 2009 i had steroid injections in my shoulder which did not work and the pain was at times excruitiating, at the end of that year i had MUA (manipulation under anaesthetic) which gave me back much more movement and much less pain. I find gentle stretching when warm especially in the shower loosens me up for a while. Plus Co-Dydramol when needed. Also i found that the neck pain created the Fuzzy spacey head............or is that down to the meds as well? 

I would be interested to know if others have any of these symptoms

Good wishes Caroline and everyone

Dolly

I'm sitting here reading the recent posts with a bout of fuzziness sitting right across my forehead from ear to ear and a stiff neck to boot. I've asked the nurse for advice, she said she'd talk to the consultant but no response yet, I know she's busy but will ask her about Amitriptyline, thanks Caroline, as soon as I can. The symptoms are daily of late, no great pain just a feeling of half disconnect from the world. Any suggestions would be welcome apart from cutting of my head, if I don't laugh...As I've said in other posts I want to live life to the full while I can but of late it would be nice to wake up non-fuzzy. Keep smiling fellow sufferers.

Back Back again and still suffering. Tried to explain to the consultant but I felt I didn't  come across very well, he had me trying to get giddy by running up stairs but it wouldn't come, blood pressure right for a change but I still have the tightness and lightheaded ness. Now being referred back to my GP so he can refer me to a cardiologist to asses my angina medication. All that said I seem better in my self and he tightness, fuzziness, bubblehead have eased a little. Oh on top of that I'm seeing the neuro physio next week, anyone know the difference between a neuro and a no neuro physio. Thank Christ for the NHS. Finally I think I have a hernia, my wife thinks I'm attention seeking but I cant cross my legs, one more for the GP.