Going shopping with Parkinson's...what do you do?

hi shelly

I used too have a school friend come and cut my hair and all of my families hair at the same time, but she became ill with crippling arthritis so had too give up being a mobile hair dresser, I hate going into town at the best of times for some reason i feel vulnerable in town and i've only had my hair cut once in the last year, that being a few weeks ago, and once too buy a pair of comfy shoes too stagger about in, in a out of town store, my others had fallen apart.

Totally understand the feeling vulnerable part , i was shopping with my son in my local freezer store i only wanted a couple items so i carried them in my hands i got to the till and my hands were shaking i became aware of a couple of people staring at me because i was shaking , it made me really uncomfortable  and i just wanted to get out of the shop as quick as i could my son on the other hand said at the top of his voice that he will offer them the use of his mobile so they can take a picture then they wont need to stare anymore eye roll

Hi,

I can relate to going to the hairdresser!     He always makes me feel welcome and comfortable.  His late father had PD so he knows how much we can suffer.   He'll say things like "sit up straight or you'll end up with a wonky hairdo" (which I find quite funny because I know he wouldn't let that happpen.

All the best

Casie