Goodbye PUK … from Shaken But Not Stirred

Hullo SBNS and others I have read through most of this thread over a couple of days...for me until of late my attitude has been very much /of give no quarter to to this incidious unrelenting complaint..and my consistent approach through yoga/ exercise /energetic swimming (like a candidate for the Brtiish Olympic over 60,s team )

I am prepared to admit over 6 years post diagnosis I am starting to weary a little bit/get a bit frayed at the edges ...etc.. through willpower I will stick at the good fight bcause there is no alterative ..when of late my O.H has mentioned me... to others about Mr P (when speaking with a few people have been recently diagnosed )they are surprised when told of my exercise regime and gets asked things ..like ..is she my carer etc ..the concept of exercise and having a positive mental attitude/self help/and a sense of humour !!! is never mentioned

to round off you must think on the positve than the negative.( easier said than done I know ) and get on with the rest with your life I am very fortunate I have a great consultant neuro..and P.D. practice nurse for support
kind regards to all fellow travellers..remember you live with parkinson,s !!! you do not suffer with it

Ian (M)
high Shaken But Not Stirred Sorry you feel you have to leave.I just want to say how much i enjoyed your poems and was looking forward to your next postings. Please stay,angelx
SBNS - keep popping into this Forum anyway.
Rubbish - I hope I fall into your category wrong (nutty) but nice.
i enjoyed the opportunity you created to be positive.
just a thought......maybe there are more negative posts because those of us who are least well, and the luckier of us who are having a bad day, are more likely to be sat at a computer posting. When well we are able to do lots of other things and are getting on with the positive aspects of our lives rather than sitting posting about them.
On a good day I sometimes dont even think of coming on the forum! So those of us posting at any one time may be more than avearagely downhearted????????
hi shakern but not stirred,ive come back from london to see your post,and i was shocked by it.all those beautiful poems you rote,you have such a talent,and i can speak for many communtity members that we all enjoyed reading them.im another member who would not like to see you leave puk forum.it is a world wide forum as you no,meaning there is thousands of people with pd that come and look at puk with pd and carers etc over the years.there is goin to be positive and negative thoughts which ever forum you may go on,we are all different as you no,and everyone has good and bad days,this is the correct place to be able to speak as we feel with in reason,cus alot of people dont have no one at home,and need to let it off there chest.so after all of this ive rote,i guess you get the drift im getting to.please dont leave you will be deally missed.:smile:
Here's something positive for you. Yesterday my OH (PD diagnosed for 2 years now, not long I know) decided to cut the beech hedge, he's nearly 79 as well. Having done that (4hrs later) he felt a bit stiff(!!) so took a dispersible Madopar and trotted off with his golf clubs and hit a few balls and played a few holes. He came home and watched football after dinner. This morning he drove off to do his consultancy bit for an accountant. He's not going to let this damned condition beat him. I know sometimes he feels absolutely carp but you can't keep him down!!! Onwards and upwards everyone. I know I've not got it but like a lot of us I live with it. I don't mean to offend anyone just be positive today at least.
Sorry that you have taken that decision Shakey but I really do understand why. This forum, and the reason that I do not post as much as I used to, needs a jolly good shake up.It's dying and whatever the new version, when it arrives,(don't hold your breath), it will probably be just the same old.

Flowerpower. I am so glad that your husband had such a good day. MY OH was able to continue a very normal life 2 years after diagnosis, still worked, at aged 47/48. However, 14/15 years later is a different matter but he is still doing well compared to others that we met today at our local Parkinsons Branch monthly meeting.

Yes, we have tried our utmost to be positive but it isn't always easy to do so and invariably becomes more difficult. Fact. I defy anyone to say that it doesn't.
SBNS...when you find your newly diagnosed community of Parkies who need positive to survive, give me a shout....
in the meantime, enjoy married life, and you have some fans on here who were with you in your mission....
Jo
SBNS,

I have been looking all over this forum and, ironic as it may be, but this thread is bursting with positivity.
In every other thread you can almost hear the skirl o the pipes sounding the lament, not here though, its all chipper skifflesque (I just made that up).

It looked like the thread was waning a bit, but no, we will not be downbeat. I was going to suggest that you come back and leave again just to give it a lift.

You could come back and give the rest of the forum a shake.

E. Cant be bottomed writing Eck or should that be bottommed. Also I'm confused as to what irony actually is so that might not be the correct word to use.
Absolutely agree to focus on the positive. I have reduced my medication and I do things I enjoy, walking, gardening. I really try not to dwell on the fact I have Parkinson's. I realise we are all affected differently, but I do try to push myself.