Handwriting

Hi Roaming
Yep, so frustrating !
B

My consultant and Parkinson nurse were unable to give a solution to the spidry writing, which was crippling me at work. However I have had huge improvements as a result of attending the PD Warrior programme at Morello Clinic Newport, they promised me improvement and the exercise programme, which you can follow up daily helps. I am also mainly on Madopar and herbal treatments prescribed by a NIMH qualified medical herbalist.

1 Like

once you get started on medication you will probably be on it for life. It may help relieve some of your symptoms but it will probably get its revenge later on. So I recommend learning as much as you can about the disease before starting on meds. Yes, google offers you a plethora of info, some good, some worse than useless; but it is important to feel in control of your condition and that comes from knowledge of it and your ability to have a good working relationship with your consultant and/or PD nurse.
There is a lot you can do to help yourself and get the most out of live, but it takes time. Enjoy. JCPB

1 Like

Popular signs include extreme pen grip or utensil, brace folding, elbow raise, and often a finger or finger extension that allows a utensil to spill from the side. Occasionally, during composition, the condition extends to include the raising of the shoulders or arm retraction. Tremor is not a writer’s cramp symptom normally. In the case of men and women, symptoms typically begin between the ages of 30 and 50 years. It is not normal to cramp or dull hands. Severe pain in the fingertips, handles, or forearms may occur.

I discovered that the bank will give you a rubber stamp with your signature on. You go to the bank with a current bank card and photo ID, apparently!

1 Like