Has Anyone Had A General Anaesthetic After Parkinson's Diagnosis?

i know it is Gus lol

did you watch holby city last night ,featuring pd

what did i miss ?

featured pd patient compulsive behaviour,also at end helpline pd. catch up on iplayer good 

In the early 70s I lived in a Idyllic farm cottage with my first wife, it was a beautiful place, right on the edge of the Solway estuary in Cumberland,,I loved it but my ex did not, anyway thats not why Im writing this post, the reason is, homemade wine, I quickly made friends and one friend in particular used to make his own and on a warm summers night, it was a Friday as I was not at work the following day, Bob invited me to his home for a bit of tasting, and what a selection he had,  Blueberry, Blackberry Gooseberry    Elderberry ,Everysortofberry   homemade Cider he even had a strictly illegal still set up in his barn and from that temple of iniquity flowed pure rocket fuel , it was meant to be a secret but even the  the village Bobby, strangely, his name was Bob, was supplied with the very very potent liquid,the vicar, a Carlisle United footballer ,a school teacher  a GP  a Surgeon , the list was long.

So my first free sample was Gooseberry !!!!! I have never ever tasted any form of alcoholic beverage before or since that compared with this liquid, and Bob was very generous every sample was poured into the tea mug from which I downed every one , next was Blackberry,and I swear I have never before or since, and so on  and on and on to the Cider , this was stored in large kegs and as it flowed into my mug you could see chunks of apple and the odd piece of Orange , he said it gave added punch,that I could not deny I was feeling like I had been punched I had to sit down and I would not have cared if the world had exploded I felt so elated so happy , I was having a deeply thought provoking chat with one of Bobs chickens then a rather heated debate with the  vicar, we were never going to be bosom buddies our views on religion poles apart, an thats the last thing I remember, though I was was chatting away to the captive audience  consisting of three Border Collies and a Border Terrier, apparently I know nothing of that,My wife was summoned and I was carried to our car , I woke up in the car to the sound of the Dawn chorus, the water fowl version, the sun had just climbed above the Pennines and amazingly I had no hang over so I walked out onto the marsh and gathered some wild mushrooms, they really dont like to be picked and make a fuss. then back to my white painted cottage  for a fry up it was 6.30am  I was 22

Ahh the memories,,         Fed

i used to work away have 6=7 pints night no hangover ! come back to sunny weymouth at weekend shower,s,shave out on it for about 4ish ,12 pints ,bottle of whisky later still going at my mates bar, lock in till 7 am walk home along the esplanade ,get the dog & go for a swim out to the pontoons ,come home shower back on it for sat lunch time i just could not get drunk, also gambling on the horses ,buying 50 " tvs. this  is what pramiprexole done to me !  party on fed shame we didn't bump into each other it would have been nice  for the dogs to have a swim together.razz 

Hi, Fed and Gus,

I enjoyed reading your trips down memory lane... However, I thought that drinking alcohol is supposed to protect against getting Parkinson's !! I can understand why I contracted this illness, as I have never liked alcohol, but what about you two !!!!!!  Lol. Clearly the protection given by alcohol is nonsense.

Regards

Hi all

This has gone away from the original topic so I'm closing this thread now to make sure people searching for information on general anaesthetic after Parkinson's diagnosis can see the information they need.

As always, you can start a new thread about other topics in the relevant section of the forum.

Thanks all

Sharon