Headaches

Hello everyone, I was eventually diagnosed a year ago but I believe I have had PD for a least 5-6 years if not more. I had suffered from right shoulder pain for years and had continuously told my doctor that I had feelings that some of my fingers on my right hand were not receiving messages from my brain. Eventually I lost my signature completely and my writing became minute and illegible. I had no right arm swing when I walked all classic symptoms. I was finally sent to a neurologist when I said that the vaugue feelings I had in my hand were now becoming present in my right foot. I was diagnosed straight away by the neurologist and put on Co Beneldopa 3 times a day. The drug has made a lot of difference and my signature is back. Unfortunately I have recently started to suffer thick heads and headaches. Paracetamol extra does clear the heads but I don’t want to get into taking more tablets I hate having to take them at all. Does anyone or has anyone suffered from headaches most days? I would like to ask my neurologist and I was told last year that I would see him every 6 months but as the poor old NHS is suffering, it will be a year next month since I’ve seen him. Any advice please? Thank you

Hi @Shirley53,

I hope all is well.

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing regular headaches. I’ll wait for other members to chime in with their experience but given that you haven’t seen your neurologist in a year, I think you should raise this with your GP in the first instance. In addition to this, you can also contact our helpline and speak to one of our advisers about this. Please give them a call on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah

Hi @Shirley53,

No problem at all. Funnily enough, I’ve had to book an appointment at the optician for the very same thing - it happens to the best of us. :grinning:

I hope you start to see improvements with your headaches soon!

Best wishes,
Reah