Hello

I have been visiting the forum from time to time for a few months now & thought it was time to dip my toe in the water. I’m not one for joining clubs or groups as a rule but thought it may help to chat with people who know what this PD thing is about. I was diagnosed in June 2010 much to my horror and my GP sent me for a second opinion as he was surprised by the dx. I am still working full time and after taking a few days off initially and having my husband tell my work about the dx & to please don’t treat me as if I’m ill, because as I have read here before PwP die with it not from it!
I am on Mirapexin prolonged release and apart from slight tremor in my left hand am generally better than before the dx, although like everyone else there are bad days when only the duvet will do!
Hello and welcome Bamb, it's nice to see you finally in the water!!

I'm sure that you will find the forum informative and supportive, it's the best place to learn more about your condition because the people have been there and wear the tee shirt, so to speak.

I have been dx for 12 years now, starting off like yourself with left side tremor and thinking it was a trapped nerve or something like that. I was gob smacked when told it was PD and worried terribly about the future, I was the main wage earner and we were mortgaged to the hilt. At that time I was a children's social worker, working child protection ect, it was a pretty stressful job all in all. I worked full time for 8 years following my dx and probably could have continued further, but I retired about 4 years ago, to allow myself some quality time before my symptoms got much worse.

There are lots of people on the forum that will answer any questions that you have, I know that I learned far more on here than from any doctors that I have seen regarding PD.

My advice is...take each day as it comes and live life to the fullest that you can.

Glenchass