Help please

Or maybe not, it just depends on the roll of the dice.
Terri,I hope you got some answers today.
Ray:so is life.
post deleted
terri,
Bob Dylan:
'money doesn't talk, it swears.' genius.
the whole system of making us wait is quite simply cruel.not knowing is crippling and makes us more ill.
as you become aware that your life hasn't ended, it has changed, believe me, things become much easier to handle. whatever the results, knowledge is powerful.
if you can, keep talking.
thinking of you, mrs.t.
Terri. I have been thinking of you over the last two days,wondering how you were coping.I am sure a lot of Forum members have been doing the same.We have all been there and we all have different varieties of Parkinson's or are carers for people with a Parkinsonism. We all coped with diagnosis in different ways,most are devastated. There will be somebody here that can help you:someone you can personal message and pour out your anger,fears, frustration and all the other emotions that go with diagnosis. The feelings that you do not dare to admit to your friends or relations Indeed,I hope you are already Personal messaging someone. That is one of the reasons why most of us are here.
absolutely.
dear terri sorry u worry i kno how u feel im 51 and was limping told me at gp was arthritis sent to see consultant they gave me insoles anyway i started to drag my foot kept falling and my arm was shaking went to different gp she said go see nuerologist shocked wen he said had parkinsons i have nursed people with this but no tablets then but now at least its treatable i try and keep positive i go out watch bands in pubs havea dance tho foot hurts at times wont let it beat me. i do get down and upset at times worry about future but i make most of every day if im having agood day thats good if i struggle i do my best im reading mochael j fox looking up he has positive attitude good read he very brave he started with it young and has bad shakes etc but he tries not to let it get him down great attitude he has. i take stavelo 4 a day anti sickness tabs mirapexin anti depressants ive got to take new one now scared in casebad side effects but will try them also take beta blockers to block migraines id be glad to hearfron anyone goog luckterrilet me kno how u gp on regards to all on here
....try to remember your daily life before being diagnosed, you really haven't changed that much overnight ! :wink:

If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment

Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (121 AD - 180 AD)
Roman Emperor, A.D. 161-180
I agree about the bed grab rail they are a great help , and I also have to give my husband an axtra push to help him rise of the bed .. Our bed is rather high and a few times his feet have slipped on the carpet , he has ended up underneath the dressing table and I have had to get assistance to get him back up again . I have got around this by placing a rubber shower mat beside the bed ..

He sleeps a little more relaxed since taking Amitriptyline ..
Hi Pebble how do you go about getting a grant . We installed a walk in shower at our own cost . My husband gets attendance allowance , Social services told us we would be allowed up to £250 because he had Parkinsons and installed a hand rail on the stairs and a step and grab rail at the front door.

He now is only able to walk a very short distance rarely gets by using a taxi and he really needs a wheelchair and eventually a stairlift I thought that we would have to buy all these things ourselves ..

Maybe it depends on what part of the country we all live in