Hi and hello

I had a very similar experience regarding diagnosis.  MRI showed nothing, several blood tests showed nothing, symptoms apparently weren't typical (after much personal research, they were).  I was 49 at the time and my neuro felt I was too young??? I was referred for a dat scan. The results from my dat scan were incredible....there facing me in full colour, was the depletion of my dopamine cells.  I had parkinsons.

'incredibly rare' were the words he used for my age, i'm 44, yet on the previous visit he said 'explicitly young onset' and if the 'dat scan' comes back too show nothing,  he said which could be the case, "it still remains the case you have something" but he wouldn't commit  too what that something else could be.

I went to my gp about 2 yrs before dx, I told him I'd researched and thought I had parkinsons.  He asked me to pick up,a phone with my 'dodgy' hand and lift it to my ear.  I did this and he sat back in his chair, grinned and said....naaaa you haven't got parkinsons.  Unbelievable!

he also said my tremor isn't 'A typical' I have a tremor at rest and in what ever i attempt too do, it is constant, he watched it in my previous visit, he couldn't take his eyes off it, my GP couldn't take his eyes off it, the neuro who did the the nerve conduction tests couldn't take his eyes off it, he described it as 'moderate'.

It is the same as any video on you tube or any doctor describing and showing a parkinsons tremor.

Yet he says its not 'A Typical'.

I think he's on a mission too save the nhs money, i'll dissapear from it, ive never used it once till last year, ill go back too work, get sacked for being a liability.

Stay strong, and never give up hope!  If you are uncomfortable with your neuro, ask for a second opinion. I really hope you get some answers soon x

Ladies I'm with both of you I was very lucky to get my condition diagnosed within three months of being referred to my neurologist. But I do understand not all Dr's are there for their patients my suggestion to both of you is change your Dr's because at the end of the day if we don't consultant them they don't have a career to follow. My gp was very flattered to hear I'd mentioned her on this site but as I said I'm lucky in so many more way's than others are. I'm thinking of both of you.

Stay strong both of you,

Regards BB xx