How do you get a good night's sleep?

take it you're getting sick pay 28 weeks. then esa support group

not sure yet getting contributory sick pay now and just sent that booklet for pd support worker to fill in ,Then is it not upto atos what group u go into . 

yeh your stay on contribution sick pay right upto 28th week hopefully by then atos and dwp will put you in support group esa.

Why only 28weeks thought it was for a year .

this is how it worked for me,i finished work got sick pay from work for a certain amount of time,they new i was not returning so they sent me out a form which i sent to dwp,then started to pay me also had to send sick letter from gp ,gp signed me off for 3months at a time,i think it got to about the 23 rd week,dwp sent out booklet to fill in,may have been eairlier tan this but by 28th week had decision,support group or work group,your support worker will inform you what happens done mine about 2 yrs ago bit foggy

just dug out some old paperwork it does not tell me how long you claim sick pay for,but it does say ask employer after certain time ! for ssp1 & all original sick notes you gave them,then pdsw complete esa1,then assesmesment phase  13 week fill in esa50,then by 28th week should be in  support group esa 71.70 add grp additional 34 .80 making it £106.50 wk likei said pd worker will help with all this! got a cold can not get to sleep

Thanks its all. bit stressful till it gets sorted isn't it I've got that book to fill in and I had only started to claim ESA had not even had first payment when it came but have posted it off to PD support worker who I have to say has been a god send she's been advising me throughout my I'll health retirement from work good job we've got these people to help us .hope your cold gets better soon I'm just up cos I can't sleep as usual .

All the best have a good christmas

same to you all the best for 2015 .i will keep u updated .

Can't get to sleep again its getting to be every night then wen I do get off I'm awake again after a couple of hour's any suggestions please .

Hi meggie sorry you are having trouble sleeping . I go through periods of not sleeping well at all to periods when I'm not too bad . I'm still working so It can be difficult . Sometimes I've gone to work on no sleep ! Not good . I feel the cold a lot so I sleep with my electric blanket on minimum all night . It seems to help my back pain . I sleep with a small pillow between my legs . Have to sleep on left side as right arm painful and right leg . I have a hot chocolate before bed - all the usual things they tell you to do ! I also go to bed quite late really hoping that I will get to sleep and it will be quality of sleep even if not quantity . If I can't sleep I do get up again and have a hot drink and a biscuit maybe . I've had sleeping problems for years which is interesting . Wonder if its been to do with this ? Have arthritis in spine and just thought stiffness and pain was that . Going to bed now . Working tomorrow . Hope you get some sleep x

Thanks Madison its hard wen your still working I've just finished work in Nov due to lack of sleep making me feel Ill at work at least I can have a nap during day if I'm desperate try not too though but it doesn't seem to make any difference . its good to know you not on your own with these problems hope u get some sleep .

Stop looking at computer tablet or phone screens as they emit a blue type of light that is reported to keep you awake - for the adverts presumably. More seriously do some gentle stetching to relieve the tension building from a lack of sleep. Who am I to comment as I'm typing this on my phone after midnight.

Ha ha think im addicted to this computer .

Hope this isn't too late i suspect it is...My sleep patterns are very erratic a typical 24 hour period starts about 10pm when I take the night time heart and PD medication. At this time of the night I'm ready for bed as id like to get up at 05:15 Monday to Friday unfortunatl for me i wke up between 02:00 and 04:00 and im wide awake for ages.

I try to keep active during the day as the moment i sit down im asleep within 10 minutes for what seems to be a 10 minute catnap. Somehow I will stay awake tonight to see in the new year,

Aids to better sleeping for me...wearing PJ's I slept in underwear for years but since being PD diagnosed I have suffered from being cold even in summer, the PJ's helped keep me warm. I hate to say it but it works, separate beds I have room to roll which take an age and usually wakes the wife. Steer clear of excessive alcohol. All that said I was awake at 02:30 this morning for what seemed like an age.

Hi my sleep pattern sounds like yours i go to bed at about 10pm go asleep no bother then im wide awake after about 3-4hrs sleep .im the other way round im always red hot summer and winter especially on a night and in bed so i dont think this helps .i think sleep  in parkinsons is a common problem but its no fun for us that cant sleep.wish u all the best for the coming year .

Thanks Maggie it's nice to know I'm not the only one. Managed to stay up for the new year but my wife says I slept for a while between half ten and eleven. Went to bed about one and awake by 4:30, same old same old. Managed to stay awake all morning taking decorations down, sat down at 12and asleep by halfpast, lunacy. Thanks for listening, have a good 2015' I will certainly try.

Hi you done better than me never saw the new year in ha but was up at 4,15 an havnt had a nap either as had the famly for new year dinner .early night for me but be up again at silly hrs ha you cant win all the best for 2015 .

If its any comfort there was a piece on the radio recently saying that historians have just discovered that prior to cheap artificial lighting, it was the norm to sleep  for 4/5 hours, with a break , and then go back to sleep again.   Then there's the Spanish who have evening meal at 10 pm, stop up alll hours and have  a sieasta in the afternoon.   .

What about us carers whose sleep is disturbed night after night and then have to carry on next day, sleep dperived?

It works both ways. OH can doze as and when during the day but I have things that need doing becuase nobody else is going to do them for me.

Hoping I am tired enough to  sleep tonight without interruption for a few hours.