Video

This looks interesting:

Hi @Justthisguy,

Thanks for sharing this video. You might be interested to know that we’ve written a news story on this topic which you can find here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/news/results-stem-cell-therapy-surgery-announced.
I think the main points that are made in the news story are:

• A US-based team has reported the outcome after treating one individual with an experimental stem cell therapy.

• The therapy involved surgically transplanting new brain cells, made from the patient’s own skin, into the brain.

• The surgery was successful but there are many questions that need to be answered, and obstacles to overcome, before such a therapy could be made widely available. The technique has not yet been shown to be safe and effective in clinical trials.

Just thought it would be helpful if I provided more context to your post for yourself and also for other members on the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

I hope you find it useful.

Best wishes,
Reah

Thanks for providing some context which seems to help to put it into perspective. Hopefully the treatment will prove 100% successful and safe very soon (well - I can dream can’t I lol?)