I am new to this forum

As J says Dolly there's just no explanation. I've known me for 63 years and there have been times I have seriously doubted my sanity. As they say, only the insane are truly happy.

I do have some redeeming features. In my younger days I could lift heavy things.....so useful for shopping trips etc. and as I have grown older (physically, not mentally) my wife discovered I have the ability to pay for things.

Any other uses are purely coincidental.

I look at the world optimistically and with a certain amount of scepticism. Some understand my warped humour, others just pass it off as being deranged. If it just makes one person smile its very worthwhile.

It's never designed to be offensive, but it can appear that way sometimes. As J once explained to me the written word lacks inflection and also can be interpreted differently in the mind.

I have tried to take this on board, consequently the pre-apology syndrome. Humour is very much a personal thing.

Hope you enjoy your dance.........and J......you are probably responsible more than anyone for my caution and attempts not to offend. 

Morph

To Saturn:

Ooh, now I'm afraid of cramping your style!  I love your off-the-wall humour and don't really want to curb it.  It never ever strikes me as demented.  You just have a strong mother wit.  ("Witty mother, witless else her son."  Remember that line?)  Keep laughing and making us laugh, too.    J

The only cramp I get comes from PD. Your input just makes me take a little more care and consideration J. Awareness is not a bad thing and it's nice to know that someone will politely tell me if I'm out of order.

There is one point I would like to make seriously.......

Without the input of others, my imagination would fall flat on it's a*se. As the old song goes......'it takes two baby.....me and you.'

I'm just very grateful for the distraction it provides me.

Eck has made me laugh fit to bust on several occasions and BA was laughing so much today about voice identification it made me laugh just listening to her laugh and how nice that was after the week she just had.

As I have mentioned before we are all sailing the same ship and I'm working alongside a good crew. This is not a platitude. You guys have taken the place of work mates, one of the things I miss so much now I can't work. It's a great team with many different talents.

It's nice to know some of my foolishness can raise a smile. I know when I laugh at Eck,s comments I feel a whole lot better. And if I'm stuck with a problem or need a boost someone is always there to lend a hand.

It's also good to see new members making us laugh like Ian S.

Morph.......(you are not cramping me J, you are gently guiding me and there's a vast difference.)