I saw Parkinsons Nurse

Our drs are the same but I do try and book on line now then I can see if one of the 3 I like are available saying that it can take 3 weeks to get an appointment.
But the dr I saw last week has now made a note on the computer so that I can have a telephone consultation once a month if I can’t get an appointment. That’s only because my PN wrote to them and said I should be seeing a dr once a month.

Well, I had my first well over due appointment with the PN on Thursday 22 August, and I felt it was a very productive & useful appointment. Certainly not rushed and we discussed what seemed like everything. Will be getting a plan in the next week and I already have my next appointments for November & February booked. A slight tweak of meds and timings to try and help my sleep issues and slowness first thing in the morning. Felt really supported and upbeat when I left :sunglasses::smiley::grin:.
Mid year review at work went ok will have a follow up in September / October where we will agree my next steps when I have finlised my current and last senior PM role on a project. They still want me to stay with the department, if that is what I want but in a different role. I needed to hear that as I like the department but I am not sure how I feel that my current project will be my last…My project support officers are not too happy which makes me sad but I know the last 18 months has been very draining for me both physically & mentally.
So big smiles :sunglasses: for now and full focus in bringing what is my last project in on time and on budget. Then the next stage in my career with a new role so exiting times ahead. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@jps1926 I am so pleased everything went well with Parky Nurse and that you feel a sense of accomplishment. Regarding your job, don’t take it too badly about being put in a different role, at least you’ve still got a job to go to so take it as a positive and show them you are up for the new challenge and not the scrapheap !! Good luck with your job and keep us updated on how you’re getting on. Just a reminder, be the best you can everyday.

@Bub1 Being in Devon we are well into the holiday season with lots of visitors which means that locals are having to wait 4 weeks to see a Doctor.

Les

I am really pleased that you had a positive outcome with your meeting.
I am glad that you have a plan in place now, and other appointments booked. I have my next one in November with my PN.
Good luck with work

Thanks, work will be fine just need to negotiate & discuss which of the options will work for me the best. Your right I still have a job which is positive and I am determined to keep working for as long as I am able to. :sunglasses:
Each day I look for the positives and try and be happy as it helps. Will let you know when I know what the new role is once it is all sorted. Have a great day and enjoy the summer :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, will let you know about work once it is all sorted. Hope your next appointment goes well :sunglasses:

1 Like