Iam new

Hi semele been to c my PD nurse yesterday with my partner and explained what occurred he suggested that if my wife feels threatened again like the last episode then she's to try and distract me and suggest I sit in my recliner with my headphones on and listen to my favourite music they say music therapy can be really good so were willing to try anything we have to keep our nurse updated

Hi CRA - good advice re the music (unless your mix tape is full of misogynist rap, maybe). I wonder too about ways of breaking the cycle oneself, maybe by walking away (that might need an understanding of that action by your oh as non-threatening).

S

My partners becoming to pick up signs now when iam becoming agitated or stressed so we've both discussed this and she's agreed to walk into the dining room whilst I'll put my music on I find classical music has a calming affect on me I've also have a CD of native american Indians very relaxing purchased today .

has your gp suggested amitripyline its good for nerve pain as well as a anti-depressant something to calm you down,can not believe all they suggest is music ! need help can not carry on like that.