Incapacitating Nausea From Three Drugs

Unfortunately my nausea and sickness hasn’t been helped at all by changing my tablets. I take Sinemet Plus, Opicapone & Rasigiline with Q10 tablets and find it so hard to eat as everything is making me sick. More debilitating than Parkinson’s symptoms.I have tried to take the tablets with food and without and nothing is helping. Can anyone advise please?

Hi @Bridget, :wave:t5:

I’m sorry to hear that you have been experiencing nausea; sadly, this is one of the many side effects of parkinson’s medication that people may experience. In some people, protein (which is found mainly in meat, fish, eggs, cheese, yoghurt, nuts, beans and pulses) may interfere with the effects of their levodopa medication. Therefore it’s generally advised that you should take your Parkinson’s medication at least 30 to 45 minutes before meals.

A dietitian may be able to advise you on how to manage these symptoms, especially if they affect your normal appetite; however, I appreciate that this may be challenging for you so do contact your GP in the first instance for them to arrange this for you,

As always, our helpline service is here to provide you with more support on this so do give us a call on 0808 800 0303. :blue_heart:

Best wishes,
Reah