Joe43

I can play drums a bit, I learnt when I was younger but its been ages! I dont know how Ill get on cos my hands and feet can twitch when I dont want them to hehe, but it might create an interesting beat hehe, we'll see!

If we fail playing the drums, there's always the Tambourine lol

Hmm Im not sure how that would go hehe!

Hi golden girl , would u know how the best way to reduce the neupropatch ?  At the moment I'm reducing by 2mg each Week I'm down to 8 still feeling dizzy /unbalanced

I'm sorry Joe, my husband came off Requip tablets totally over a month from 50% more than the licensed maximum. But I haven't any experience of the patches.

He had to be admitted to hospital to be weaned off quickly as he suffered appalling side effects so it was supervised.

He was prescribed lower mg tabs every few days and  given Fludrocortisone to keep his blood pressure up as it fell rapidly and he couldn't stand up without falling and dizziness. He also became incontinent.

I don't know how you reduce patches...can you get lower and lower doses?

Cut them in half?

Can you ring the helpline or the Parkinson's nurse?  There will be a way if coming off them in stages.

I wish I could help more but I am thinking of you and hoping you soon get help and find relief.

It was a terrible time for us but now he is better than he has ever been on Sinemet every 2 hours  and dispersible Madopar for a boost and 14 years into Parkinson's!

Love

GG

Hi , Is anyone on azilect? I've recently been on it for 2weeks 2days , do u have to be on it for abt 4 weekds or more to feel the real benefit ?

i also take 50mg madopar

thanks joe

Hi, Joe --

I've been on a small dose of Azilect for 10 or 11 years now.  Some pwp feel its effects and report reduced symptoms.  In my case, I have never felt any benefit of Azilect in regard to symptoms.  However, my doctor wanted me to take it because rasagiline slows the progress of the disease.  (Mirapex is the medication that really works for me in counteracting symptoms.)

I do not know if Azilect is responsible, but my 17-year-old case of PD is still in the first stage!  Therefore, I would not consider changing my medication.  If you have no side effects that you can't live with, see if Azilect will work for you as it seems to for me.

Best of luck!

J

Hi golden girl , 

you mentioned a little while ago ur husbands taking Sinermet do u know what Sinermet plus means ? 

Thanks joe

Hi Is anyone taking citalopram for anxiety ?