- Lest we Forget
- The Second World War in Europe began.
Invading the Poles by Blitzkriegen man
This lightning war was new to us all
It took by surprise and Poland did fall.
- Panzers and Tigers scythed through the land
- Ploughing the highways in Deutchlands own brand
The Stukas dived low and blasted the way
The Allies fell back away from the fray
- The Brits and the French formed a rearguard
Bolstered by Irish and Scotsman, so hard
The Anzacs and Welsh were warrior braves
Canucks and Boers refused to be slaves
- The Vikings of Thor showed hammer to Hun
No shield will protect against tank and gun
The Belgians and Dutch put up a brave fight.
But couldn't resist all Germany 's might.
- Il Duce still reigned on Italy 's throne
The Roman dictator, became Hitler's clone.
Black shirts were roaming and killing at will
These bastards were thugs and hurt for the thrill.
- Escape from Dunkirk was lucky for us.
The ships and the boats saved men without fuss
Regroup all our force and plan to return
Taking our vengeance and watching them burn
- December seventh changed the whole war,
Hawaii was bombed by Zero's galore
Pearl harbour was full of ships of the line
The Japanese planes kept coming on time
- Once hidden by cloud the flat tops were safe
The fighters were swift and started to strafe
Dive bombers were thick around all the ships.
Torpedoes away. Banzai on their lips.
- Arizona had died with most of her crew
The pride of the fleet in Honolulu .
American ships was battered and torn
This battle was lost but new war was born
- With American blood and dollars to spare.
Retreating no more but forward we dare!
We challenged the krauts in theatre of war.
The might of the world knew what was in store.
- Many a battle saw countless lost lives.
This terrible war made widows of wives
Mothers and sisters and brothers and sons,
Fathers and uncles. They all lost loved ones.
- The huge Russian tide turned in favour of right
The battle at Lenin saw horrible sights .
A white winter front saw Germans retreat.
Returned to Berlin , their army was beat.
- The battle for Britain was won in the air
From every nation. Their pilots did share
Just out of their teens they soon became men
Too bloody often our prayers said Amen.
- The Battle of Midway was turning the tide
El Alamein regained Britain some pride.
Bushidos the code for all Samurai
They drew out their swords and offered to die.
- Isle Okinawa was awful to see
Marines fought and died for flag and country.
Italians fell back and greeted new friends
Il Duce was dead, its time for amends.
- D-Day had landed on every beachhead
Phibs had unloaded and many were dead
Juno and Sword had Canucks and Brits
Both of their landings took terrible hits
- Rangers were climbing up Pointe du Hoc
Looking for cannons with orders to block.
Commandos on Gold lost many a soul
Hemmed in on the beach and far from their goal
- 1st Infantry men on Omaha beach
Fought veteran troops that they couldn't breech.
Casualties mounted as battletanks roared
Over the sand dunes and bodies they poured
- Utah was lightest on deaths of our boys.
Some maybe come home and play with their toys
What horrible things we make our sons do
Killing and dying without a damn clue.
- Conflict in Europe was settled right here
Sixth day of June please remember and care,
Berlin was taken by Ruskie the bear
Patton was waiting outside of their lair.
- Resistance from France played in the great game
Ambushed the Germans wherever they came.
Czechs and the Greeks along with the Poles
Helped in deciding the end, but with tolls.
- Holocaust frenzy , the Nazis did bring
Murdering Hebrews and six million Kin
Their dignity stripped by those inhumane
Creatures of darkness, pure simple and plain
- Out in the far east McArthur returned
The Japanese Islands were already burned,
Hiroshima City lay under a cloud
Delivered by bombers, a nuclear shroud
- The B-seventeen was Enola Gay
Suffering nightmares the pilots will say.
Poor Nagasaki was levelled as well,
Was it required? Will history tell?
- This is a Tribute to all those that died
Fighting for freedom and mothers that cried
Lest we forget all soldiers interned
Remember their names and bravery earned
And we still make War on our own species! WTF is wrong with us?