Mass exodus?

Hi - I pop into this forum every day at some point and I too will be staying although we don't see as many postings as when I first joined a few months ago.
Lizzy
I've been away from home for a few days but was disappointed to find there are fewer postings than usual. Does anyone know if Viv, Desertorchid or Dotty are still around? I tried to pm Desertorchid but email option doesn't seem to be available. If they have absconded do they keep the same name on other forums? Mary
Agree with Carrott - PDJ is a secure site - you control who sees what. Ch@t feature works really well.
Personally I don't see the problem :rolling_eyes:
Lots of us who have PD are on other forums as well as this one.
It's what the Internet was designed for. The ability to surf and make new friends and exchange information that is of interest to you.
I always use my same nick name (ncn) so that it doesn't cause confusion and people can easily recognise me if they know me from another forum. There are forums from all over the world and from what I know they all have one common aim. To bring people living with PD together who are going through the same daily ordeals, exchange ideas and information and help you make new friends. What a dull world it would be if there was only one forum. A bit like having only one TV Channel :laughing: Well, as for the TV maybe I'll take that back because even with 40 odd channels on mine I still prefer the web.
ncn.
All pd sites provide a brilliant service to the community by getting information out into the community and allowing pd people a voice. Each has a unique viewpoint and strengths and weaknesses. The sites that are driven by self motivated people should be congratulated.all centrally funded sites should continually review their mission and ensure they are working for the community in their agreed role.

The bigger goal should be to start cross site collaboration.

Leave a site? No. Work with it and get the best value out of it.
Hi all

Reply for Mary - cant spell surname!

Just checked PDJunction members for you. Dotty uses it. No Viv or Desertorchid. Did you mean Viv, or Vic? Vic is on there.

Hope this helps
Carrot :smile:
See today's Mail Online for discussion on this PDS/CE issue.
I see PD Junction has closed down its "Exodus" thread despite 29 postings. A bit controversial I guess?
I fail to see the point of continued discussions about the PDS rebrand. Like it or not, right or wrong, it's a done deal - the money is spent. This continued wrangling is doing the Society no good at all, and so who suffers if the Society is damaged? WE do - the members - the people who need the research, the information and support. We all owe the PDS a debt of gratitude - and just because we may disagree with their policy we shouldn't forget that. And isn't it just a remote possibility that the professionals and trustees DO know what they are doing?
This has become a one person (albeit posing as several) vendetta against an organisation which exists solely to try and help people like him - and all he can do is continue to stab it in the back. PD Junction had the right idea in closing the thread - we've all had enough!
Well said Moodyblue. I think we have all had enough. Hopefully now people with Parkinson's and wanting real help will feel more like using this forum and they won't feel so intimidated. Well done to the moderator at PD Junction for not allowing the negativity to spread to their forum.
Hopefully now we can work together to improve the lives of everyone affected by Parkinson's.
I haven't been on the forum for a few weeks so this thread was a bit of a surprise. I would love to also join the PD junction if only to widen my group of PD friends, but I am unhappy about giving my name, date of birth and, if you check the terms & conditions, any other personal information that may be required in the future. Why does a website require all this?
I certainly wouldn't use the same forum name as I use on this site, as it would be easy to cross-reference.
Best wishes to all. Flossie.
Hi Flossie I also was'nt happy with the terms and conditions.Angel 4u
Looked at the members logged in and thought a revival is on, but not really is it, for i was reminded of a war film, where prisoners in a camp were trying to escape and to make up the numbers at role call used a dummy to fool the guards.

In this case is it role call or role play, just as well there were no curtains to make dresses, but there were no women were there.

Fall out, or dismiss.

GG
I better fall in then... I often visit this site but don't check in. I have tried not to contribute to this thread so it will die a natural death. I have been a member or several forums in over a decade of computing and I would say that they all went through a similar hiatus with attached squabbles and serious observations. I don't really want to get involved but suffice it to say I would be very sad to lose any of the PD forums for what ever reason.

I really do think people have tried to rectify mistakes and do the right thing. Everything is open to criticism and I am often ready to give it but i really feel I gained from this site and would be sad if it wasn't around to give to others. A bit pompous but there ya go.
UFO,

I just thought I would let you know I am reporting you you to the Forum Moderators. I cannot believe what I have just read. I don't believe you are who you say you are. How dare you put someone's private email address on here.

Jem
Why is it that postings critising this forum and the PDS are removed immediately, yet multiple postings about another forum which not only post details of an individuals e-mail address but also slander that person are left on? This doesn't help to restore faith in the moderation process!

I don't know and frankly don't care who is in the right I just object strongly that a forum that I rely on has for the most time been moderated to an inch of its life and beyond, driving out many contributors yet for over 5 hours has left on these posts that clearly break the forum rules.

Can we please return to some sort of balance?
Realised when I'd pressed the button that I'd used the wrong word!:flushed:
ufo ,merve ,who ever ,i not no wot u playing at why u havin a go at pdjunc for and this site,everything has been said now but u r keep it goin on and on ,and i dunna no why u have too,people r getting pigged off with it all and it is upseting alot of people now,maybe thats wot u wont.but i think it gone way to far now it needs to be put to rest,and if u are allowed to come back on the sites stick to one forum name and not slander no one and there will not be a fite goin on debates nothin:smile:
I thoroughly agree AliJ. We need these sites and people should not be using them to indulge in petty squabbles which almost put you off using them at all. It is perfectly possible to express an opinion without being unpleasant whatever you think of what the other person has written. Often its a misunderstanding anyway.
There are some people that thrive on confrontation , any time ,any place ,any where ,its like a drug, They have to have their fix regardless of the mayhem they cause.
I have found this site and the PD junction a lifeline and will continue to ask for help as and when I need it even if its only to chat:stuck_out_tongue: ....