Med Establishment vs the People Affected

I have just caught up with this thread. Did Bluey get to PUK and was his proposal accepted?

I got this reply from PUK after I emailed them to ask what they were doing; with some webpages attached.

'Thank you for your comments. As you can see we are taking a robust view on the issue. In fact we have just interviewed for a new person whose job will be just to organise campaigns and raise the awareness of compulsive behaviours. So we have done a lot, and we will be doing a lot more soon.'

I am taking Requip XL; my PD nurse knows I live alone; I have a history of not taking meds carefully. But not a word of warning about OCDs; not a request that someone come with me to the next appointment. Not a smaller gap between first prescribed and the next appointment. I could be internet shopping and gambling for England and no-one would be any the wiser until the mortgage company wanted to sell my house! If there is anything I can do to help this campaing I will.
Chrissie.
hi Chrissie

Iam still waiting for PUK to get back to me.

The person they refer to in their reply as being "just interviewed" was in fact me! PUK have indeed asked me (in principle) to head up a National Awareness Campaign! However i have yet to receive any further details from them or any formal conformation of the terms of my assignment?

Things seem to move slowly in the corridors of power at PUK? Maybe a few more gentle nudges from you Chrissie and any other interested parties might help speed them up!

I'm willing but still waiting.

all the best
bluey
Hello Mr Blue

Good luck with the interview process, I hope you get what you want

As this thread is about presentation of the facts, rather than the facts themselves, please can you tell us what your basic plan is? Are you going to tackle the mainstream medical establishment or are you going to attempt to change the public perception of this problem.

Cheers

Chris
Hello Mr Spam,

Public perception of the OCD issue will always be driven by the media, who's aim is to make headlines at any cost to reality.

My aim is quite simple, ignore the media trail because its a no win situation! I intend to focus as you put it, on the mainstream medical establishment. Although i don't believe its a case of "tackling" them as you put it? It is more a case of educating them via better training for care providers, greater awareness and proper risk management. I want to help PUK to achieve this by getting the Drug companies to pay for it, a big ask but i believe its possible! Last but not least i want to create a proper help desk within PUK to give advise, support and guidance to those who have been or may be affected by OCD side effects.
Well said BLUEY more power to your elbow.

Radz xx
Monsieur Blue

What's going on? Did you get PDUK and you come to a mutually beneficial conclusion?

2nd Lt Spam:stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue: