Meet and Greet

HI, how good it is to see some new names as well as some old mates again, happy here sorry not been too good but hay thats in the past, any one want a chat now ?
happy,
Andy W
--------

Hello all , I am 6 mths dgnsed with PD having been initially diagnsd with anxiety and stress . I still work P/Time in IT (mostly over Internet).
I'm a 56 yrs old man living in Brum, single and in my own house ! Hobbies include Tennis, walking and playing guitar in a band ..... these are all affected by PD but aren't stopped by it.

I'm coming to terms with the whole thing , reading up on it , taking aaction where I can to mitigate and trying to remember to enjoy life .

Symptoms include left arm shake, unsteadiness and fatigue . Wondered if naybody else has the fatigue ... I'm finding it hard to stay awake sometimes ...any ideas/tips ... wondering if its the PD or the drugs ?

They are Madopar 125mg x3 a day , A/dep Citalparam 20mg x1 a day and occasiona;l BBs .

Thats all for now !

Andy W
------
Hi welcha and a big welcome to the forum,

I was dx at the age of 48, it took time but eventually came to terms with it.(no choice really) Have a tremor on my left side which is worse when I am stressed or tired. So 5 years on now and I still work and try to do all the things I enjoy, with difficulty but I am not giving in.

You seem to have a great attitude and that is the best way to be. Well done you!

I suffer from fatigue which is one of the symptoms of PD. When I am not at work, I just rest as much as I can. Jobs around the home are no longer a priority to me. So if your body tells you to rest do it. Hopefully the Meds you take will help.
There are great people on the forum all with excellent advice. So you take care and keep us posted on how you are doing.

best wishes PB
Welcha

Hello and a big PDUK welcome to you. Like PB has already said, there is a load of info here on the forum for you to read and digest, and many, many good, kind folk that will share their journey with you.

Keep posting and let us know how you are going on....I think I detect a very determined young man who will keep playing his tennis and other sports as long as he feel he can...more power to your elbow.

All the very best to you

Radz xx
I'm new to this Forum and have joined on my Mum's behalf. She's a young 75 and after a fall broke her hip. Following a total hip replacement in July, she was diagnosed with PD and is now taking Sinemet Plus 3xdaily. She's become so anxious and low at times and I don't know if its the PD or the whole scenario of surgery, restricted mobility etc..?? Her left foot/leg hesitates at times and, although it was her right hip which was replaced, I feel the left is worse than the right as the right is improving in strength with regular exercises and physio input.

Any one else in a similar situation as your advice and comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hello JOJO Happy to welcome you and your Mum to the forum. I am sure that our lovely members will be more qualified than me will be adding to this and helping you both along the way. Your poor Mum has a lot to deal with and no wonder she gets down.

Please keep looking and posting Jojo and let us know how things are with you both.

Lots of love
Radz xx
hello welcha & JoJo, a very warm welcome to the forum. We all (whether pwp or not) have our down moments. I find that it is best to cocentrate on what I can do rather than what i can't. Remembering things I used to be able to do (eg put my toes in my mouth!) or comparing myself with others is just too depressing.
Fatigue & low mood are common but not exclusive to pwp.
JoJo, given your mum's recent surgery I think that the physio imput will be of great benefit. And Welcha, keep up the sports you enjoy. A lot of us have difficulty sleeping. You seem to have the opposite problem. I shouldn't worry about it. If you feel the need to sleep & are in a position to do so - sleep
My very best wishes to you both