Muscle pain

I was diagnosed 4 months ago but for many months before had experienced severe muscle pain in the thighs/calves when rising from a chair and toilet.
Is this a symptom?
John H

Hi @johnhunter, :wave:

A warm welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m really sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis, however, you’ve come to the right place to receive the help and support you need. Given that you are newly diagnosed with Parkinson’s, I think you’d really benefit from the 'newly diagnosed’ section on the Parkinson’s UK website which has a lot of helpful information on the different forms of support available to you, research and introductory guide that you can download.

To answer you question about muscle pain, pain is a common symptom in Parkinson’s, affecting about 60% of people with the condition. There are different types of pain that can affect people with Parkinson’s and a range of ways to manage it.​ We have more information this on our website here.

Our helpline and Parkinson’s local advisers are here to answer any questions you have about your recent diagnosis, life with Parkinson’s and pain. Call us for free on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Community Manager