My life has come to a stand still

Hi Denny yes I get the internal tremors and that is a good way of describing the feeling. Mine happen more if I am anxious or hungry, do you find that? It also happens when my meds are wearing off. My nurse recently increasincreased the Madopar by 1 extra dose a day which has helped. Have you had your DX yet?

best wishes to you

Dolly x

internal tremor is one of the most common symptom. pd is the lesser of three evils brain tumour is a death sentence for most people essential tremor untreatable as far as i am aware pd symptomatic relief don't let it consume you it is a battle we all can win i fight mine every day. 3 yrs on dx age 47.

keep it coming bettyblue big grin

denny61

It's hard to take in. You will go through all the feelings we went through and constantly ask yourself "why me" it's like a grieving process that has to be done. It was January 2007  when i was diagnosed and i was in denial at first. I still do most things today that i did then, still drive without problems, have an allotment and have my own fishing boat having passed my power boat licence in 2008. I still do DIy around the home fittiing a complete heating system including all the rads and micobore piping. Just laid two new laminate floors and built a log cabin, and did it all on my own. So you see it isn't the end, just a bit harder to achieve the things that we take for granted. Without my pills i would be a cabbage. So if you are diagnosed then you are faced with the choice accept it and get on with your life or feel sorry for yourself and let it rule your life. I am sure you will make the right choice. Good luck and look forward to hearing how you get on.

roberto

Thanks for your replies. I have had all my tests done now I am waiting for my next appointment to see my neurologist. I will keep you updated of outcome

please do denny we are here for you xx

Thinking of you Denny. Going through the same. Keep in touch x

sue

Hello Denny,

Just read how you have trouble turning in bed , I too have this .In fact I must try to turn in my sleep can't manage then it wakes me and I sit up to turn .It means you never really get an undisturbed nights sleep .

Like you I also have constant pain and stiffness in my neck and shoulders , I cannot turn my head to the left .

It's difficult to know when some other problem arises , is it the PD or is it not related at all.

Does anybody else get terrible pain in their shoulder blade when they move their arms to reach out for something .It feels like my shoulder blade is locking and I find myself stuck for a few seconds , very painful indeed .

Hope all is going ok with you , I am 15 years into this illness now , so keep your chin up lovely .I still go out with my friends ,dancing , enjoying social evenings and I go to the gym twice a  week .So the future is there for you to live regardless of this horrid thing that brings us to the Forum uniting us all .

have you ever tried a bed lever ,there excellent made it so much easier moving around in bed,you can get these by talking to you gp who will get occupational therapist to come round your house & suggest living aids to help you & this service is free hope this helps alittle