New Member to the Forum

Hi Everybody

I thought that I would introduce myself as I have just joined the Forum, I just hope that it is a friendly place where we can discuss and help each other with our problems and day to day issues.

I was diagnosed with Parkinsons just over 3 years ago and over the last 3 months my symptoms had become so bad that I opted for the DBS Surgery which I had done last Wednesday. I am recovering well and am getting 'switched on' Thursday 3rd January.

I will let you know how I get on
hi
thats exactly what its like here. Most of the time!
good luck with the big switch on.
Thanks

I am not raising my hopes too much, that way I can't be disappointed if nothing happens !
Hi waldingo
Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of new friends her with a wide experience of pd.
I hope that your big 'switch on' will go off ok. I will keep my eyes open for your update.
Best of luck mate

Chunky
Hi Waldingo, Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will find us friendly. Good luck with the DBS.
It has been a week since my Deep Brain Stimulator was switched on and I can honestly say that my quality of life has improved a thousandfold. I no longer have Tremors, my On time has improved considerably, I no longer have Severe Off times and the Restless Legs are no longer apparent :-) this Device is remarkable to say the least and if anyone is thinking about have the Surgery I highly recommend it ! Don't think twice - have it done. If anyone would like to discuss please let me know ?