Newbie saying hello

OK just checked her online records, doc consultation is Friday. He has her down for roprinorole, should i insist she is given ropinorole xl?

1mg three times a day, blotto after 30 minutes. Mmm we shall see.

Aye aye exile 

Just you do whatever feels right but with PD the Meds can take a fair while to have any affect ask PD nurse or neuro we on here don't have all the answers as we are all different good luck 

Ian 

Hi EXILE = I'm on RopiniroleI  XL slow release, and  found it is the best one to be on than the basic Ropinirole, but you must ask about the of OCD, it can be really dreadful for some people, luckily I've been ok on this  for medication six years now

Take care and all the best - Sheila

Thanks Sheila, I did mention the XL to the doc and he said he would like to find out the strength that the OH is best on with the standard Rop then try XL.

I have talked about the OCD with the wife, also many of her colleagues and friends are now aware of the possibilities and they have said they will keep a close eye on her and let me know if anything untoward happens, suppose that is all I can do and hope that she is lucky and does not get that particular problem.

No bad side effects yet, slight nausea and sleepiness for the first day but now not bothering her. Also she thinks there is some very minor improvement in comfort at night, maybe placebo but fingers crossed.

coolHello Exile(well  you  are not exiled  now),  please  dont  get  too  downhearted  there are  lots  of medicines to  help  your Lady live  a norma l life ,I was diagnosed  in  99 but  had symptoms for  at least 7yrs prior ,and though  you  might take a while to find  the  best  combo for  the  best  effect "it  took me  5 or 6 yrs  but  ended  up  with  DuoDopa which is a  small ,,but weighty,, pump ,it  instals a precise dose of Ddopa, that  is a DopamineCarbidopa jell  direct to  my  small  intestine it  is  still  effective  though  I am definitely becoming tolerant as the  periods between shutdowns are shorter,which fits  with  the  estimate of  5 to 7 yrs  of max effect then  tailing off??  dont  be put  off  by  this description  and  that  includes  anyone  reading this as  its  well worth  it for the much improved life it  gives' IF YOUwish  to  chat my email is  available

My very best  wishes to you  both

FED

Hi Exile - if your OH's sickness gets any worse get in touch with GP because that is one of the side effects of Ropinirole, I started on 2mg per day increasing slowly over the six years now on 18mg per day.

Hope everything goes well, and glad you asked every one to keep an eye on OH behaviour.

Sheila

Doc upped drugs to 2mg 3 times a day yesterday. All fine last night but today sent home from work, extreme nausea and numbness in arms. Refusing to stay on 2mg now, she doesnt like it and is calling the doc Monday. One step forward and two back. Ho Hum

2mg stopped all tremors though!

Dear Exile,

Support and love your wife more than ever! 

God Bless you both,

Paul

Cheers Paul, I'm pooped from 3 hours olf ironing big grin

Latest advice from doc, 1mg twice a day, 2 mg once a day. Try this for a week or so and then up it to 2mg twice a day etc. Sounds feasible and fingers crossed it works.

Got another consultant appointment come through the post for two weeks today, unexpected as was booked for next February, anyone have a clue what this could be about?, can only think they want to check that meds are working?

As an aside, I am totally knackered, big week at work this week 55 hours. Now thats not uncommon and normally wouldnt bother me but having to do everything at home aswell is bloody hard work. Ho hum nearly the weekend :-)

Update

Now on 3mg 3 times a day, having some effect but not as good as hoped, assume will require more.

Having difficulty getting Ropinerole, pharmacy keeps running out and one prescription now only lasts 9 days.

Consultant appointment mid February.

Awaiting DVLA decision about licence.

Consultant yesterday, going onto XL and increasing to a max of 16mg per day if needed. Then will add minimal levodopa if all going well in 3 months. Assume this is quite normal?

Hi Exile - had PD for seven years, on 18mg daily, just added Sinimet (mix of levodopa and co-careldopa) taking one three times day along with Roponirole XL slow release. Some slight improvement. How long have you had PD?

Sheila

It is for the wife Sheila, she was diagnosed late last year but prob had PD a couple of years.

Hi Exile,

They do say we have PD for some time before we get diagnosed, I have left hand tremor and always put it down to a build of scar tissue pressing on my nerves from a previous op. How wrong I were.

Hope you and your wife adapt to this new task that life has thrown your way

take care

John

Thanks John.

Adapt, mmm yes that's a good word.

First day on XL yesterday, 10 mg. All went reasonably well with little to no nausea. But they did take some time to kick in, is this normal, maybe 2-3 hours?

Upping dose to 10 mg showed some slight improvement, can only assume the increase due over the next month will result in even better results.

frown Its  18 yrs since I was told I  had pd  and the symptoms were so  mild I thougt  , the consultant was  bonnkers I was fit wrking full time in a job i  loved(most of the time) in the heavy plant industry excavators of every  size and  capability  I was highly skilled working to 5 or 10 mm on some jobs for instance I prepared Durham County Cricket ground  working to plus or minus 5mm imagine that  I would not  have  thought it  was  possible if  I had not completed the challenge my self.

Then back in 98 I noticed the  little finger of  my  left hand was  in constant motion then I couldnt brush my  teeth or tie my  shoe laces , this was starting to frighten  FED the younger so of to the docs I  went and  I have  to  say this guy was not the finest example of his profession, he gave  me a thorough examination and after he completed  it  he  said with no urgency in his  voice , well Mr  Fedexlike I suspect you have a dangerous situation  ,,, wait a minute dangerous wtf do  youu mean the reason I was  slihtly aggitated was m uncle Des,died  ,or was killed by Cerable Attaczia, I know thats not  spelled correctly but  he was the  youngest of  seven children  and  when  he  died age 27 naturally the  family we

re upset