Newly diagnosed

Hope you let your insurance know too, it shouldn't go up, i just think its a requirement too do so

Hi all. I'm new to all this only dx a week ago after having a Dat scan which came back positive. I'm now on Rasagiline feeling ok so far. I too had a tremor in my right hand. Still in shock at the diagnosis. I haven't seen a parkinsons nurse yet so not sure what I should be doing.

Hi all. I'm new to all this only dx a week ago after having a Dat scan which came back positive. I'm now on Rasagiline feeling ok so far. I too had a tremor in my right hand. Still in shock at the diagnosis. I haven't seen a parkinsons nurse yet so not sure what I should be doing.

Hello, Sandie54 --

Welcome!  You say you're not sure what you should be doing.  Well, joining the forum is a good start!  I think besides that, what you should be doing is trying to relax and not worry too much about your future.  PD is slow-moving in general.  My case is exceptionally slow; in 18 years it has barely changed me at all.  The medications today are highly effective for most of us.  Then you could also be sure that you exercise as much as you can, because that has been shown to help overcome the symptoms of Parkinson's.

When you get a PD nurse, I'm sure you'll learn more about your individual prognosis.

Best wishes,

J

Thanks for that J of Grey Cottage. I will admit being able to speak to other people who have the same problem helps. Although I do have days when I don't feel too good about the dx. But hearing stories of people whose symptoms haven't changed in years does make me feel a bit better

Thanks for that J of Grey Cottage. I will admit being able to speak to other people who have the same problem helps. Although I do have days when I don't feel too good about the dx. But hearing stories of people whose symptoms haven't changed in years does make me feel a bit better

Having problems posting messages why do they come up twice. 

You will find this forum always challenges the newbie's Sandie. Try to stay positive as much as you can exercise is good as j has said and since you have joined this exclusive club of ours see if there is a support group in your area. If you need to talk I am a good listener. 

Sea angler, yh my insurance co knows too, feels like everyone knows these days lol , seems nothing is sacred lol, i go to tesco to pick up my meds, everyone knows there, not that it bothers me

x

Hi all,

Its funny, I don't really  want to tell anyone I have PD, it seems like i'm whinging. I have informed DVLA and waiting for their reply. Also informed insurance company and there was no extra cost. I also informed my travel insurance company as I am luckey enough to have a home abroad. I have to let them know if I am goingto be out of the country for more than 31 days. I cant think of any more to tell - can you?

One good thing happened last week - My husband and I went to the O2 to see Paloma Faith. I got the tickets  before I was diagnosed and didn't realise how high in the arena they were. In fact you couldn't  get any higher. I got  up there but struggled to get down, the steps were so steep. So my husband asked if we could be moved as I had PD and we were given great seats right up near the front. So there is a positive side to telling people you have PD - thank you O2

Thanks Bettyblue feeling a little bit better already. I will look into the support group.

x

SX Girl,

I dont like telling people either, dont want people thinking I'm trying to pull the sympathy card, but after 9 years of having PD most people know anyway.

Cool that your hubby was able to change your seats, How was the concert? I'm not a huge fan of confined spaces, I cant handle big crowds.

x

Your welcome xxx

Hi I haven't been on the forum for a while I've been doing ok. I take rasagilene and RequipXL 2 mg I went to the doctors to pick up my prescription and the doctor has prescribed Repinex XL 2mg is there a difference between these drugs apart from Repinex being half the price 

Hi, Sandie

The short answer is no, there is no difference. Repinex is simply the generic form, the patent on Requip having expired. The Repinex should work in exactly the same way, don't worry.

Thanks for that Island Mike since I’ve been on the Repinex my tremor does appear to getting slowly worse.