P.i.p is a fiasco official report from p.a.c

Hi Billywhizz

It should by right take approx 24wks from the date they receive the forms, mine took that long anyway before I got a decision.

Good luck Sheffy

I think its at least 26 weeks at the moment or longer just for an assessment and then its a good 6 to 8 weeks after that for a first decision oh what joy awaits you I have been there and still am a year later with appeals sorry It cant be more positive than this lets hope they break the mold with you and process you quicker...................Paul

6 months came and went. I then sent a consultants report to help educate them. I think they are waiting till Santa Claus collects the post to deliver a decision.

It will come in a Christmas card with profuse apologies..........and if you believe that.......I have fairies at the bottom of my garden.

And they wonder why people are voting UKIP!?

There was an article in yesterdays Daily Mirror saying there were 320,000 people waiting 15 weeks for PIP,my wife had a text from DWP to say the wait is 26 weeks or longer for an assessment. I have e-mailed the Mirror to inform them and asked them to look into it further.

Billywhizz

Hi Billywhizz, Sorry to hear about the long delays you and your wife are experiencing. Our media and policy work on PIP and the delays is on-going so it would be great if you could let us know if you do get a response from the Mirror. You can email the media team on [email protected] Thanks, Amy (Press and Policy Officer at Parkinson's UK)

Billywhiz

I had the same problem i applied for pip in September 2013 i had many problems trying to get a pip 2 form sent to me  then i had problems getting a assessment from Capita i had to wait till March 2014 before they employed a assessor in my area to carry out the assessment , i did get in touch  with puk  media team who put me in touch with  a lady at the Daily Mirror who ran my story in the Mirror ,the day before the story went in the paper she called dwp and capita for there comments  , dwp called the journalist back on the afternoon and indicated they had made a decision on my claim , amazing how quick they move when the press are onto them

All in all my claim took about 28 weeks

shelley 65

I am still  waiting for a reply  from the Daily Mirror .I emailed Andy Burnham mp and got a reply from one of his team to say that he is aware of the situation regarding PIP and advised me to get in touch with my MP......but i may leave that until monday !!

I've just seen this:-

http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/news/28-november-2014/government-rejects-changes-broken-fit-work-test

It's disappointing but not altogether surprising. PWP have enough to contend with without all this stress.

I e-mailed IDS  on his DWP e-mail address some weeks ago, but guess what never got  a reply!

After reading your your post Bluebarb looks like they are still going to hound us then! I've had my PIP decision, I wonder how long they are going to let me keep it before they start re-checking again??

Regards Sheffy

I submitted my claim in may, receiving acknowledgment dated 16 may. I have heard nothing since then. I do know that they have got my file as I have had to call them as a result of a close run with a heart condition which required immediate action and means I am on a mountain of tablets, and have had to stop one of my PD tabs. I got the distinct impression that the girl on the other end of the line was repeating the  mantra and that nobody is bothered, to the extent it almost looked as though the delay was deliberate policy? 

Hi hatter1951

It seems that the waiting lists are so different all over the country, sorry you have had to wait so long, also with this added problem  of a heart condition. I had a mini stroke (bleed on the brain) which I am convinced is what brought on the  onset of parkinsons in 2010, so they should take into account as far as i'm concerned your added problem. I applied for my PIP in May/April time and got a decision just within the 26 weeks, so hopefully you will not have to wait much longer.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, good luck!

Sheffy