Parkinson's Improvement

Having just enrolled for the PIP programme, is there anyone here trying it to.
Would be useful to exchange info etc.

:grin:

Hi  Kyloe

if you are still using this forum, did you get any benefit from the PIP Mix?

S

I use PiPMix, have done for 18 months - have also recently (August 2016) stopped my Sinemet Plus medication which I started taking in May 2015... Are the two linked? Who knows.

I genuinely believe lifestyle choices (diet, exercise and stress management in particular) play a key role in how things may or may not progress.

Hi Drewster

That's really great news.

I re-started PIP mix a few days ago.  I took it for a couple of months earlier this year but stopped for various reasons.

I know it can take a long time to show any benefits. When did you first notice improvements and in what symptoms?

I freeze continually indoors, and have very slow gait initiation, altho walk well out in the open once I get going ( walk with my dog and my partner for about an hour most days). Also still cycle, although not nearly as far as I used to (max 27 miles twice a week recently).  Would very much like to reduce the doses of Madopar I take - now need it at least every 3 hours to stop neck & shoulder stiffening up painfully and keep myself moving.

Living in hope !

S

Very hard to say.

I'm prone to noticing improvements whenever I take anything new, be it vitamin D, Sinemet, PIPMix ... I don't always run very objective tests to be fair.

In terms of coming off my meds, I decided the benefits I felt on starting them could have been nothing more than a placebo effect, so wondered if I would be noticeably worse without them, and I'm not. 3 months and counting, so safe enough to say they are no longer in my system I think.

I walk and cycle too, turbo trainer most mornings, and like you get stiffness in the neck and shoulders that feels like someone is stabbing me with blunt knives ... if you find anything that works particularly well for that, please please share it!!

Where can I read about the PIP Mix? Is it on the brain.info site? I can't see anywhere that tells me exactly what it is.

There's no charge, but the "sales pitch" is here: http://www.brainhelp.info/why-pip/ 

Thanks Drewster. I did see that page but it's a bit long and rambling and I found it difficult to read. I think I was looking for something clearer with instructions!