Parky positives

Reasons To Be Cheerful Part 3
Nothing at all to do with PD:

hhtp://www.you tube.com/watch?v=CIMNX

RIP Ian Dury
I will try once more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIMNX
Turnip ... I agree wholehartedly its just I started this thread to focus on positives ... Not to be hijacked with negatives ... There are plenty of threads on PUK for that. .. Or maybe someone can start one called "what I miss most about life before Parky"

Tongue in cheek :)
that would be fun :grin:
I am very sorry SBNS if I am guilty of "hijacking " your thread re the +ive aspects of PD. I apologise
I am truely pleased for you that you have such an admirable attitude.

Turnip -I am not at all sure that a thread entitled "What I miss about life before PD" would be "fun"!
I’ve tried (I really have!) to find something positive to say about Parky, but all I can find to say is this:

It has made me live 'in the moment' – much like a cat or a dog does. Before, I never really experienced the present because I was always making elaborate plans for the next day, week, month or year. Now, I think of each day as it comes and try to make it as enjoyable as I can, but in a simple way, such as by taking my son’s dog for a walk whenever the mood takes me, or doing the chores I like doing and ignoring those I don’t, or inviting the family round for a take-away rather than a meal I have slaved over all afternoon.

Somehow, even though nobody knows I have Parkie except my husband, I now feel that I’m allowed whereas before I didn’t and felt guilty if I wasn’t constantly self-flagellating.

Does that make sense?
on the this Parky positives thread on the first post it said ". be active don't just read and leave "

I replied first to your post as I did not know my negative view on PD was classed as "hijacking"
We are adults talking and expressing how we feel, some have positive views and some have negative views. You can not exclude those who do not always agree .
Peoples circumstances and private lives may reflect on their opinions also.

I wish you all well in journey with PD

PB x
hi mommah,
thank you very much for that " kick up the backside " that is just what i needed. I was wallowing in self pity and that is not me. I have just returned from a holiday in LAS VEGAS with my husband and son and his partner. We have had a fabulous time so apart from feeling "jet lagged" i feel really good and reading your post has put the icing on the cake. You asked what area I worked in, I worked on a busy Day Surgery unit. and yes the wifit name does come from the fact that I use this a lot for my balance and because I like it. So there is the positive for me that I thought I would never have and that is that PD has introduced me to the wifit and I really love it, so thanks once again to you for making me see sense and I know that this uninvited guest will not beat me as I am more determined than ever to give it a run for my money.( thats the gambling in me now because of holiday i vegas) You could also say that is a second positive THANKS!!! :stuck_out_tongue: I mean the determination not the gambling. ha ha
Yes, it's a good idea having a positive thread, but I'd find it a bit scary if anyone with negative views was excluded...
I'm finding this whole thread very interesting - especially the feelings it engenders in people. Personally trying to remember the positives is an essential part of my survival mechanism. It doesn't mean I'm overjoyed to have had PD from the age of 33 - it just means I try to remember what could be worse about it, ie no medication, no health service, no friends, no job so I can pay for extra therapies, etc etc etc.... I'd rather - really - be unenlightened and well and PD-free - but I need to remain positive. I've been to some depths and I no doubt will again as it goes on but I truly need to remain as positive as I can because it makes a massive difference to me. This is a public forum and no-one is excluded. PD is a rotten illness and I can understand how some people struggle with this thread. But we all mostly try to respect the threads and post appropriately - those of us who do get benefit from this thread really do need it to remain as it was intended (I think? I can only speak for myself). It makes a difference to read some positive approaches and lets allow ourselves the novelty of the experiment at least. I never wanted PD but neither do i want PD and depression / fear / anxiety and I've had all of those states during the last 7 years. Those of us that have responded to this thread get something out of it - maybe in the same way others, and myself included, get releif from sharing experiences, advice, sadnesses, etc in all the other threads. This isn't a challenge to anyone - just a smile in the sometimes dark space of PD. let it develop and see what happens...
Gosh i never realised I felt so strongly about it. Time to go for a lie down I reckon.
Hi,
Parkinsons has helped take me to the lowest depths of my soul.In doing so,I have re-evaluated my life.I now appreciate more the things that really matter.Also,that "---t does happen."There are always others worse off than myself.Material things are just that,material,I can,t take them with me.The past can haunt a person,don,t deny it,but accept it for what it is.To make the most of what I have and am capable of right now.Sometimes it is hard to forgive one's self,but in doing so,you are more able to forgive others.We are all not perfect,we all make mistakes,we all have emotions,but we are,all equal.
I could go on forever,but I am sure you get the Gist.I suppose I could say,or would like to think,that Parkinsons has helped me become a better person.But I don,t know yet,time will tell.I suppose I am just a person.
Titan
i need an emoticon for ironic [:smile::wink:]
Brilliant Titan

(also, given my "name", the A and the E have worn off my keyboard , so having PD means I spend less time on this forum. I find it just too difficult to work out which buttons to press)
My poetry comes from my own subconsciousness first draft ... Void of conscious interuption
Not meant to offend ... Enjoy

Parky writing in his diary

You and I have for some time
Been joined up at the hip
The arms n shoulders even legs
I've held you in my grip

Dopamine such an easy target
For me to manipulate
Take control of facial features
Your movement through your gait

What I crave is to control
Your thoughts ... Your very mind
Watch you plant the negatives
There's power in been unkind

My greatest pleasure comes
From watching you try to hold
Your hopes of life before me
Dreams left out in the cold

The only time I feel a loss
Of control and it's rare to see
Is when new dreams ... Positive thoughts
Are welcomed and you ignore me

So please take note and do it now
Focus on the external Parky ...me
Ensuring you don't see that deep inside
You've got the power to be free

Your subconscious mind records
The thoughts and what you feel
Then manifests it into your life
Making what you hate more real

So stay away from silly threads
About Parky positives ... beware
Stay focused on what is true and real
Together ... Backwards we can stare
Good poem. Thought I'd copy (a poor copy) your idea.So Parky has now become my shadow. Think this is quite positive, though not sure I believe it myself!Oh well, never mind.

PARKY, MY SHADOW

Me and my shadow dance along together
She cannot hold me in her grasp, not now,
Not ever.
How tall she is there, laughing in the sun,
But I am laughing too see,also
Having fun.
I don't mind her following me up the garden path
And she seems to disappear when I sing
In the bath!
When the sun is shining, this is all good and well
As darker days approach, her invading presence
I can smell.
I can smell her, I can feel her, I know she is about
No longer can I see her, but I scream inside,
Shout out loud.
Still she cannot catch me, side by side, together
She cannot hold me in her grasp, not now,
Not ever.
Hi ElleMac, that's a very moving poem.... I read it several times. You have a way with words that says a lot in a short space.