Partner finding it impossible to accept

Hi quarke
(iPad keeps correcting word) I'm in the exact same position as you but it is the wife who can't except the situation.having three kids with disabilities and now me.she says she can't look after me as well which I don't want.she had plans for the future and says its not going to affect her life.shes going to go off on her own.she doesn't know the constant pain I'm in day in day out.i worry about the future alot.ii look at the life I've built around me and think I could lose everything in the future and end up in a home.which is bound to get you down.

John
Hi d1d2d3
Sorry to hear that.but I can see how it happens the wife is getting so stressed at the moment. She as threatened to leave.

John
Hello everyone,

Coping with a long term condition is always difficult as you already know but I feel that managing can be helped if people can be honest and talk about the problems and then put in place various things to take the stress away a little.
I was already disabled when my husband was diagnosed in his late thirties, although we had very little money we had a lady come in to clean and iron,then later we had more help from home help's and so on. Much later my husband went into a respite unit for a week at a time four times a year which helped us for a bit longer until finally after having 24hour care at home he had to go into a nursing home which we both hated but I just couldn't manage any longer,he had PD for 28years by then. Because he is an hour away from me I can only manage to visit twice a week and it is certainly quite upsetting most of the time, and I would have him home like a shot if he was confined to bed.
I know everyone is different but what if the shoe was on the other foot?
that doesn't mean it is easy it is certainly not and the stress is always there, but who knows the answer!
I wish you well and do hope that things can be sorted out for you all.
vivian