Physical stress triggers emotional stress which triggers more physical stress and so on - Vicious circle

Physical stress triggers emotional stress which triggers more physical stress and so on - Vicious circle

Does anybody relate to this .   We have th eobvious syptoms... Shaking, Fatigue, Stiffness and OFF times .

But I get this scenario for example ... I'm in bed at 2am trying to sleep and being distrcated by the

shaking ,  this plays on my mind E: I worry , and therefore shake more ...... so its like the physical sets

off the emtional which increases the physical .

Once it becomes clear I wont be able to sleep I get up... and Listen to the radio (or to a Spanish tutor CD

or similar) whilst walking around the ground floor of the house .. at the same time passing a Juggling bag from  left to right and from right to left behind my back and so on .   It sounds eccentric but I find it soothes my

mind and body very well ..... and after an hour and a half I can go back to bed and sleep .... bit tired in the

morning but calmer .

This Vicious Circle also occurs in social situations where its harder to drop everythoing and respond but

I find beoin able to move helps ... not easy when u r in a pub or caff though .

Anybody recognise this ?

Yes, I recognise that cycle- stress definitely makes things worse. 

I find meditation (Tong Len) and meditative activities (Tai Chi) help. Learning how to relax could help break the vicious circle, though it's much more difficult to relax reliably in a high input, or high emo social situation.

Also, mindfulness meditation been  shown to increase the grey matter density in brain parts affected by PD. It is quite possible that all forms of meditation have this effect, but to my knowledge only mindfulness has been rigorously tested.

Relax harder!